I hear you can do some pretty amazing things with a PSP. Anyone know what a modded PSP can do, and how you mod it? I read somewhere there was some easy to use program.
My friend was talking about emulators for PSP today in Telecommunications, but I don't think you have to mod it to do that.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
a lot of it depends on what version you have./

what software version do you have?
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
To run emulators, you need to run custom firmware (operating system-type thing).

My PSP runs on Custom Firmware 3.51 M33, although I need to upgrade to 3.52 M33.

PM for a link to more info. Cant post it here because it would probably be considered advertising another forum.

EDIT: Understand that putting CFW on a PSP requires flashing the motherboard, which can damage and "brick" your PSP if you don't follow all directions. If you do it correctly you have like a 5% chance of bricking, but if you cant read directions, you raise it greatly.

Brick: Your PSP is about as useful as a brick (doesnt work)
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
well theres a lot of factors depending on if you can or not but as for things you can do
you can play games for other systems through emulators (SNES gameboy stuff like that) you can illegally download real games (remember piracy is frowned upon >=( with certain programs you can control you tv using the psps infrared port, and i have a program where i can contorl my computer from my psp over a wifi connection, you can also modify your XMB (main menu just incase you didtn know) and lots of other stuff

EDIT: lgnd idk if you know about "pandoras battery" but you can unbrick psps now you just need another battery and a memory stick, and a homebrew enabled psp in the first place to make the pandoras batt.
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
i really dont like videogames, but i think that a modded PSP can look nice, but i dont know what it can do. and the emulator thing can also be done on the x.box, so really no surprise
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by C.C. Deville
well theres a lot of factors depending on if you can or not but as for things you can do
you can play games for other systems through emulators (SNES gameboy stuff like that) you can illegally download real games (remember piracy is frowned upon >=( with certain programs you can control you tv using the psps infrared port, and i have a program where i can contorl my computer from my psp over a wifi connection, you can also modify your XMB (main menu just incase you didtn know) and lots of other stuff

EDIT: lgnd idk if you know about "pandoras battery" but you can unbrick psps now you just need another battery and a memory stick, and a homebrew enabled psp in the first place to make the pandoras batt.

Haha woops I forgot. I havent been on PSU in a while since they banned homebrew apps, so I havent been keeping track of everything. I do remember they made it, but forgot.

But that requires a spare battery and memory stick... He could always covert his current one to pandora's battery and then convert it back, but im not sure if he needs the PSP to run to convert it, and pandoras battery doesnt power it does it?
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Well i bought my psp over a year ago, back when it first came out. Apparently it's really easy to mod if you have version 1.0 of the firmware, correct?
evian tell us what firmware you have go to settings on the main menu then go to system settings then to system information and tell us what is says next to "system software" i can help you further once i know that
Quote by Evian
Well i bought my psp over a year ago, back when it first came out. Apparently it's really easy to mod if you have version 1.0 of the firmware, correct?

If it's 1.00 or 1.50 its really easy.

Anything to 3.50 requires Lumines and an exploit file to downgrade to 1.50, before you can upgrade.

3.51+ used to be undowngradeable, but you can use Pandora's Battery if you know how to use it properly (it will restore your PSP to 1.50)

Slim PSPs can now run custom firmware but cannot run homebrew apps since it doesnt contain the 1.50 kernel needed. (they may have found a way around that now... its been a while since i checked up on latest developments in the PSP community)
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

^yeah i havnt been on teh boards since the slim psp came out, i was hoping everything would work on it but that sucks =/ btw im currently on 3.52 M33-4
Mine is Version 2. something. I remember looking at it earlier. I have to go to jazz band so unfortunatly i can't give you more than that till i get back.
I have firmware 3.40oe-a and I can download any game. SNES, NES, N64 (not very good) and gameboy colour and advanced emulators and a thing so you don't have to push in button cheats.