im looking to buy ethier and before i test them at the shop id like to know which do you prefer and why?
Er, well to be honest, I own the MT-2 and have tested the ML-2, and I'm not particularly impressed with either of them. If i had to pick though, I'd go with the metal zone. I couldn't really get that great a tone out of the other one. My best suggestion would be to look at other pedals.

Edit: I agree with the posters below me, the metal muff is pretty wicked.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Last edited by Blackballed at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by -heartbreaker-
THEY BOTH ****ING SUCK

holy ****.

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff. end.

+infinity
neither, try the metal muff, or if you can, save up for a better amp
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Hows about <in Nathan Explosion voice> NEEEEEIIIITTTHEEEERRRRR
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
in my experience ive coaxed better tone out of the ml2 than the mt2

but the ml2 was much more expensive and not quite worth the price. the mt2 isnt worth it either
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
i use 2 modded mt-2s on my board. both the stock version and the metal muff are laughable compared to how it sounds.
neither. and i was not at all impressed by the metal muff.

ts, what's your budget, current gear, and what genres/sound are you trying to get?
the shredmaster is discontinued for reasons unknown, it was a great pedal. If you can find one on eBay or make a clone and buildyourownclone.com has a kit
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
uh, despite the name. the shredmaster isnt very high gain at all. that makes me doubt many of you have actually played one.
depends what you consider high gain....if you consider 80's metal heavy amounts of gain then it will do
if heard it plenty of times but unfortunately have never played one, and by high-gain im also talking about 80's rock
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
I have both Metal Muff and MT-2, the only way the mt2 can sound good is if the volume is set under the standard half way, which is annoying for gigs.

I'm not sure if it's just my amp though, but if the mt2 is at the standard half way it sounds too tinny.

Metal muff has no such problem.

Though, one of my mates has a modded mt-2 which blows my metal muff out of the water...i might send mine over to get the treatment.
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects
Quote by RGman
I have both Metal Muff and MT-2, the only way the mt2 can sound good is if the volume is set under the standard half way, which is annoying for gigs.

I'm not sure if it's just my amp though, but if the mt2 is at the standard half way it sounds too tinny.

Metal muff has no such problem.

Though, one of my mates has a modded mt-2 which blows my metal muff out of the water...i might send mine over to get the treatment.

what mod did your friend have on his mt2?
coz im planning to get an mt2 stead of the metal muff