how can you connect a guitar with a computer... i was told that there are 2 ways...
1) with an amp
2) with a processor

in method 1) you would plug the guitar in the amp and then use the output to connect with a computer.what type of soundcard for my pc would i need to get this done? my pc is pretty old, and soundcard is nothing special - kinda stock
since my comp. speakers are not that powerfull i used an AUX output in my stereo to connect it with my pc - excellent sound!and powerfull!
now - how would all this connecting affect the final sound, is all of this possible?
method 2) would probably be pretty much the same...
i hope someone understands what i'm trying to say

oh,the amp is 10w
thanks!
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

SEX, DRUGS AND DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
3) With a dedicated USB interface like a GuitarPort
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
3) With a dedicated USB interface like a GuitarPort

i'm guessing you plug one end in the guitar and other in USB port in pc,or?
and that would cost me?
thanks!
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

line6 tone port - google it.
I've never used it but I've heard good things about its value for the price. It has a jack for you to plug in and it serves as sort of a Hub and uses a USB port to connect with the computer.
I don't need a sig....
Quote by Zar Mulix
line6 tone port - google it.
I've never used it but I've heard good things about its value for the price. It has a jack for you to plug in and it serves as sort of a Hub and uses a USB port to connect with the computer.

this could be the thing for me...i don't have the time to look for the price right now, but i hope it's a bargain

thanks!

The guitar port costs about £100 in the UK.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
The guitar port costs about £100 in the UK.

hmm...well,i'm looking for something a little bit more economic thanks anyway!

A second hand guitar port?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
A second hand guitar port?

maybe