okay well i just had a random thought while looking at an ES-335 copy (very nice) and was looking at when it hit me, "How would you change the pickups?" or could you? these may seem newb but i never thought about it. Thanks for ur undivided attention and time.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
open the electronics cover in the back
unsolder the desired pickup's wires
pull pickup out
put in new pickup
solder wires to proper connections
tada - pickup change
I see no sign of fortress.
um...did u see that its a 335? there is no electronics cover on the back

PS3

Fear the LIME

X
I have absolutely no idea on the subject but that pickguard looks like its hiding something.
>.>
<.<
I don't need a sig....
I'm pretty sure you either have to gave a soldering iron small enough to fit in the F-holes (or pickup holes) , or remove the top.
un screw the pots (take off the knobs, remove washer until it is loose in the body), remove pickup rings, and pull all the electronics out the pickup holes

rewire the new pickups where the old ones were

put back in
Quote by -heartbreaker-
un screw the pots (take off the knobs, remove washer until it is loose in the body), remove pickup rings, and pull all the electronics out the pickup holes

put back in

aah.. now that makes sense. thank you. yay random information FTW.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Gibson guitars aren't made to have their things changed around like Fenders are, especially the older style ones.

Also the wires from the pickups would be connected to the pickup selector, so that's the one you wanna remove

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
I have a dot studio like the brown one only in red. I had a SD installed in the bridge. I've always wondered how they did it myself.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
im pretty sure that the black rectangle pieces of plastic around the pickups can be unscrewed can't they? so you just undo the wires underneath and the pickup comes out? i really have no idea about electronics though, so i could be totally wrong

put back in

Seems a bit excessive, I've never done the swap, but it seems to me it would be easier to remove the wires from the pickup itself, leaving the other electronics intact, then simply connecting the new pickup to those wires.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free