im interested in buying this guitar. if you own it i would appreciate hearing your feedback
Hi tom
im sure its a great guitar, havnt played one myself, but considering the price your paying - a lot cos its steve vais signature, might be able to get a better deal elsewhere :p (unless your hearts set on a JEM in which case go for it lol)
Quote by apmaman
www.jemsite.com/forum

Everything you could possibly want related to JEMS. Best website to go to if you need info.

broken link
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
err.. Well I got mine for about 1400$ used but, it's a great guitar I really suggest it.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I think the current crop of Jems are pretty nasty and cheap-looking, the older ones were much nicer...I saw a Blue Floral once and it looked utterly gorgeous.

Honest opinion of JEMS in general.

tacky looking
overpriced
good pickups for shredders
unforgiving for sloppy players
great trem
great neck
stupid cosmetics
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Really i played a jem at gc with scalloped frets andn it was AMAZING
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I would just want one for the monkey handle.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
i played one the other day i like the recessed pick ups and thats about it.the neck seemed to make the fingers drag like it was unbelievably hard to slide into the proper notes i have played cheaper ibanez's that had what to me felt like better necks,,plus monkey grip i just find it dumb
I played my guitar teachers JEM from about 5 years ago, and the new ones don't compare. The older ones are built better, and look nicer. I would look a PC1 Phil Collen by Jackson.
Quote by CJRocker
I played my guitar teachers JEM from about 5 years ago, and the new ones don't compare. The older ones are built better, and look nicer. I would look a PC1 Phil Collen by Jackson.

yeah theyre pretty awesome i must say
Quote by Teh GIR
Really i played a jem at gc with scalloped frets andn it was AMAZING

Which is why I suggest to try one first. Everyone's different.

I have an rg320q which is neck-thru and a far better guitar. Great resonance
and character. I don't know I'd call any Ibanez amazing, but they make some
nice ones for the money.
Quote by steven seagull
stupid cosmetics

completely disagree. the inlays are by far one of the best ive seen. however, i personally was unimpressed overall with the guitar
The new black ones are really cool lookin.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
I have not tried one out but I have heard my guitar teacher playing his Jem 555 a couple of times when I would go for lessons and it sounds awesome. He does not use the Edge Pro III and he swapped the Dimarzio Evolution pickups for Seymour Duncan Pickups since he does not like Dimarzio pickups that much. He plays it through a Laney TF320 amp. Also My friend Just bought the Jem 7V for $2000 CDN. . He said that he loves the sound and the feel of the guitar and also the look of it. When I come to visit him one day in Ontario Canada I will have to try the guitar out to see how it sounds and plays.
Rudy da Costa
Quote by which ones pink
I would advise against getting a Jem. Unless you can get one for an insanely good price (like half off), it's not worth it. A better idea would be an RG Prestige with a pickup swap.

Couldn't agree more.