I was wondering if any of you have heard of the Classical guitarist named Agustin Barrios Mangore?

He's been said by many to be the greatest composer of Classical guitar music by many, including John Williams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMuwZOFl8sg

I've studied his works, and they are the most difficult compositions I have heard from a guitarist.

Nonetheless, if this thread doesn't belong here, tell me and I will delete it. I'm just curious if any of you have heard of him.
Mmm, I would consider Francisco Tarrega one of the most important figures in Classical guitar. He has composed some difficult works, but more so very beautiful works; very melodic and delicate. It is difficult to choose the "best" guitarist because each guitarist had such a unique style.

here is one of the more difficult Tarrega compositions
I can't say I've heard of him, but I watched the video, and thats a really cool piece.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by British_Steal
yes he did

Very sparcely, though.

Honestly, he's a pretty insignificant composer as far as guitar is concerned, though he deserves much more credit in the realm of violin.
My God, it's full of stars!
In fact Paganini did write significantly for guitar. He supposedly played more guitar than violin but yet never played in public. Though I must say I'm not a fan of his guitar compositions either.

Barrios Mangore is an amazing composer and player, but top? Not to me at least. Tarrega for me as well. Sor's trademark compositions are up there as well. Afterall you can't really compare composers of different eras. Barrios did have the opportunity of recording his works personally though.
Madcap - Anyway great job on your video. One personal observation on your Los Caujaritos video, your right hand is really tensing up! You might want to slow down and really relax and 'discipline' it, rather than allowing it to clamp up with so much tension. Improve this and you're another step closer to being a great player. Good job!
Barrios is pretty solid, not my favourite though. I really like Sor's straightforward style. He was a big hand in getting the guitar to prominence, if that is what you mean by 'greatest'. Or, are we saying who we feel produced the greatest music?

Hmm, you should hear Yama****a play "pictures at an exhibition". That is intense.

Tarrega is great. Giuliani is great. Sor is great. Villa-Lobos is great.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by imLoUsY
In fact Paganini did write significantly for guitar. He supposedly played more guitar than violin but yet never played in public. Though I must say I'm not a fan of his guitar compositions either.

My apologies, then
My God, it's full of stars!
2 cents : Paganini had always played guitar. Most violin players did so they could work out harmony. Actually, it's for this reason (lazy violin players) that guitar music is in octave treble clef. Violin players were a big help to getting the guitar popular.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.