I think you can do animated Gifs on "The Gimp", google it.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by Jackolas
That lager one sums up alot of my life activity quite well

strange, the last one sums up mine
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
I think you can do animated Gifs on "The Gimp", google it.
I believe you can, too. And it's good for more than just making animated gif's, too. Takes a bit to learn how to use it, though.

EDIT: Okay, then. First go to File > New and create a new image. Next you want to get all your images into the program as layers (to add a new layer, you go to Layers > New Layer in the image.) To actually get the image on there, you might have to open them up and then copy/paste them onto the layer. So it's add layer, copy/paste image onto it, add layer, copy/paste image ... etc. Then go to File > Save and pick your file name, but make sure it has a .gif extension on it. When you click OK, it will tell you that gifs can only handle layers as animated sequences. Click on "Save as Animated Sequence" and click OK. The default options on the next dialog should be good, and that's pretty much it.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Last edited by aprescott_27 at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by aprescott_27
I believe you can, too. And it's good for more than just making animated gif's, too. Takes a bit to learn how to use it, though.

EDIT: Okay, then. First go to File > New and create a new image. Next you want to get all your images into the program as layers (to add a new layer, you go to Layers > New Layer in the image.) To actually get the image on there, you might have to open them up and then copy/paste them onto the layer. Then go to File > Save and pick your file name, but make sure it has a .gif extension on it. When you click OK, it will tell you that gifs can only handle layers as animated sequences. Click on "Save as Animated Sequence". The default options on the next dialog should be good.

noooo, i dont want it to be the type of gif thats just made up of pictures, i want it to be like the ones i posted that are like videos.
The ones that are videos are lots of images played fast.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
The ones that are videos are lots of images played fast.

are you sure? how do you take that many pictures that fast.
I don't know how you take a clip from a movie file (.wmv, .avi, and the like) and make it into an animated gif. You could use that technique with stills (individual frames) from the movie, but you'd have to get the stills from some other program, and it would take a lot of time and a lot of work to produce an animation with a decent number of frames. So in short, sorry about that, I can't help you.
Quote by aprescott_27
I don't know how you take a clip from a movie file (.wmv, .avi, and the like) and make it into an animated gif. You could use that technique with stills (individual frames) from the movie, but you'd have to get the stills from some other program, and it would take a lot of time and a lot of work to produce an animation with a decent number of frames. So in short, sorry about that, I can't help you.

so it is possible to take a video clip and turn it into a gif?
If you want to make a .gif from a movie file you just take images at intervals of say 0.1 seconds or half a second etc and put them together. There are probably programs to do it for you.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
If you want to make a .gif from a movie file you just take images at intervals of say 0.1 seconds or half a second etc and put them together. There are probably programs to do it for you.

yeah, im guessing no one here would know any?
Quote by evan1234567
so it is possible to take a video clip and turn it into a gif?
Oh, yeah, it's possible (three of those gifs you posted earlier were made that way.) I just don't know how.
Quote by aprescott_27

EDIT: Okay, then. First go to File > New and create a new image. Next you want to get all your images into the program as layers (to add a new layer, you go to Layers > New Layer in the image.) To actually get the image on there, you might have to open them up and then copy/paste them onto the layer. So it's add layer, copy/paste image onto it, add layer, copy/paste image ... etc. Then go to File > Save and pick your file name, but make sure it has a .gif extension on it. When you click OK, it will tell you that gifs can only handle layers as animated sequences. Click on "Save as Animated Sequence" and click OK. The default options on the next dialog should be good, and that's pretty much it.

All other posts fail.

Get ready for a huge wall of text on 'vidi pikturez'.

The internet have pictures k? Those pictures can be in a variety of types, or for computer language d00ds, formats. This ranges from .bmp (sucks), .jpeg or .jpg (commonly used for pictures taken from a digital camera) .gif (can be a still image or animated, low filesize, can have transparent background good quality... if you don't use paint) .png (low filesize, can have transparent background) and theres a bunch more I won't get into. Those are the most common.
The intarwebz also has video files. Common ones include .mov, .wmv, .mpeg or .mpg... the list goes on and on. They can be stopped and played, rewinded and fast forwarded. They have sound.
.gif files are special. They have the capability to be an image, but can also be animated, much like a movie, but you cannot stop or play or rewind or hear any sound. How can you do such a thing? read on...

Movie files or animate gif files are made up of a thing you call frames. What is a frame? A frame is a still picture. Put a bunch of still pictures together and you get an animation. Video cameras take thousands of tiny pictures and they are put together to form an animation.

Now that you know gif files are made up of frames, you now can make an animation!

If you'd like to take a movie clip and cahnge it into a .gif, it IS POSSIBLE! Import the movie into windows movie maker. On the player on the right, there should be several buttons. There is a button near the rewind/fast forward buttons that say next frame/prevoius frame. These are you friends. There is also a button that says take a screenshot. Take a screenshot of every frame you wish to have in your animation.

Now that you have a ton of frames, you will need to put them together into an animation. How do you do it? Well, first the images must be in the .gif format. Windows movie maker probably saved them as a .jpg file. To do so, I'd reccomend downloading Irfanview (google it) and saving each and every frame to .gif instead of jpg. Some programs MAY be able to use .jpgs for the animation (eventually turning the final animation file into .gif) but the poormans one I use requires .gif.

Now that all you frames are in .gif, download unFREEz. It is a free and simple program that is really easy to use. Although is it easy to use, it is also very limited. You can choose how fast you want the animation to be, but you can't take apart animated .gif files using it, and the fastest animation may be too slow for you tastes. I've been using unFREEz to make my animations but there are better programs out there, I'm just unaware of their existance.

I hope I covered everything, and I hope it helps
Quote by RPGoof
All other posts fail.

Get ready for a huge wall of text on 'vidi pikturez'.

The internet have pictures k? Those pictures can be in a variety of types, or for computer language d00ds, formats. This ranges from .bmp (sucks), .jpeg or .jpg (commonly used for pictures taken from a digital camera) .gif (can be a still image or animated, low filesize, can have transparent background good quality... if you don't use paint) .png (low filesize, can have transparent background) and theres a bunch more I won't get into. Those are the most common.
The intarwebz also has video files. Common ones include .mov, .wmv, .mpeg or .mpg... the list goes on and on. They can be stopped and played, rewinded and fast forwarded. They have sound.
.gif files are special. They have the capability to be an image, but can also be animated, much like a movie, but you cannot stop or play or rewind or hear any sound. How can you do such a thing? read on...

Movie files or animate gif files are made up of a thing you call frames. What is a frame? A frame is a still picture. Put a bunch of still pictures together and you get an animation. Video cameras take thousands of tiny pictures and they are put together to form an animation.

Now that you know gif files are made up of frames, you now can make an animation!

If you'd like to take a movie clip and cahnge it into a .gif, it IS POSSIBLE! Import the movie into windows movie maker. On the player on the right, there should be several buttons. There is a button near the rewind/fast forward buttons that say next frame/prevoius frame. These are you friends. There is also a button that says take a screenshot. Take a screenshot of every frame you wish to have in your animation.

Now that you have a ton of frames, you will need to put them together into an animation. How do you do it? Well, first the images must be in the .gif format. Windows movie maker probably saved them as a .jpg file. To do so, I'd reccomend downloading Irfanview (google it) and saving each and every frame to .gif instead of jpg. Some programs MAY be able to use .jpgs for the animation (eventually turning the final animation file into .gif) but the poormans one I use requires .gif.

Now that all you frames are in .gif, download unFREEz. It is a free and simple program that is really easy to use. Although is it easy to use, it is also very limited. You can choose how fast you want the animation to be, but you can't take apart animated .gif files using it, and the fastest animation may be too slow for you tastes. I've been using unFREEz to make my animations but there are better programs out there, I'm just unaware of their existance.

I hope I covered everything, and I hope it helps

im amazed all i need to use are two thing i already have. thanks sooo much for your help.