Hey,
I've recently bought a cheap little dano FAB od pedal, and i'm just playing around with it at the moment. I was able to crank it up quite a bit and give me some great metal tone, but I just want to know: do I need to worry about how high I put the settings on the pedal? I don't want to do anything to damage my peavey classic 50. Or... what settings on the amp should I use when running the dano FAB through it? Thanks!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ah dude i have 3 danelectro fab pedals those are awsome. na you cant hurt your amp with em.
That's some handsome meat.
All right thanks, and yes, they are super little pedals, I plugged it in today and I thought SWEET! At 15 bucks a pop and that kind of quality, i'll buy all of em. I'll prolly get the distortion one next, I probably won't get the metal one, i've heard it gave a weird flanging effect.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ya but i have the metal one, thats my fav. but ya when you hold out a chord on it, the tone kindof pulses and its really cool.
That's some handsome meat.
Actually, if you have a lot of pedals in series, and the levels turned way up on all of them, can't the signal be boosted high enough to damage your preamp? I seem to remember reading that somewhere... That might have been with higher powered pedals though, like the ones with tubes in them.
As far as I know no matter how many pedals you have hooked up in series the strongest signal that can pass though the last pedal in the chain shouldn't be able to exceed the signal of the last pedal. Unless you are running some very high voltages. In that case the pedal should fry before the amp. If you have the amp cranked up to 10 however and boosted you probably could damage the speaker. Check other's opinions to verify this though.
Quote by Blaster Bob
Actually, if you have a lot of pedals in series, and the levels turned way up on all of them, can't the signal be boosted high enough to damage your preamp? I seem to remember reading that somewhere... That might have been with higher powered pedals though, like the ones with tubes in them.

No.

The pedals circuitry would go before the amp.
Well, I just tested it, and it seems like the amp could handle it pretty well.
I think it works well for a boost for the dirty channel, I can leave the OD down and the level high and it just boosts the amp's natural OD instead of the pedal adding it's.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
That is a great way to use it. Too much pedal distortion seems not to agree with the amp's natural distortion at high levels. I mostly use my distortion pedal on the clean channel. Another flavor of foot-switchable distortion available.
Quote by darkarbiter7
Hey,
I've recently bought a cheap little dano FAB od pedal, and i'm just playing around with it at the moment. I was able to crank it up quite a bit and give me some great metal tone, but I just want to know: do I need to worry about how high I put the settings on the pedal? I don't want to do anything to damage my peavey classic 50. Or... what settings on the amp should I use when running the dano FAB through it? Thanks!

Wait, you bought that peice of **** and ran it through your classic 50?! are you cracked in the head?
Thats like buying a 5000 dollar toilet and just pissing on a tree instead.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer