Okay guys. Before I ask my question, know that I'm stuck between two mountains where the only way I can get an amp is to order one. It'd be nice to go out and just try them out and buy one but I would have to drive for hours. So I'm stuck in a dilemma between tube amps. I want one with great tone that responds to pedals very well. I've been told that the AC30 vox is great and also I've heard a lot about the Marshall JVM. They both seem awesome to me because of channel blending on the Vox and 4 channels on the marshall. Which one would better suit someone who plays anything from soft rock to metal or is there a better one? Please let me know guys.
Mesa Mark IV

The vox is v. nice- has outstanding cleans- havn't actually tried it's OD though, but Slats will be able to tell you.
The JVM imo is overrated- it's okay, but for the price...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
vox.comes with tons of effects that are pretty decent for an amp and a ton of sounds.i suggest getting a distortion petal with it too,because you get even more sound options for sound.
^ AC30, not AD30...

Anyway, I'd say the Vox for soft rock thru hard rock, but metal is beyond it's scope without pedals. The new AC50 and 100 are supposed to sound like the AC30 and have a second high gain channel suitable for metal. Like the JVM, though, it gets mixed reviews.

You may want to look into Mesa. Maybe a Recto-verb or an Express. Or maybe a Peavey JSX. Depends on how important the metal tones are to you.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ he's talking about the ac30, not the valvetronix series.
edit: you sneak!
but +1 to your post.

TS, i'm not really sure, i know the ac30 looks nice and is a great thing to read up on. but when i tried it, i wasn't expecting what it offers. it's cleans and OD are phenomenal, but in a possibly different way from what you want. personally, i love that amp, but it's just not what i need right now, which is why i went with a mark iv.

i haven't played the marshall, so sorry about that.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
An AC30 and a JVM isn't exactly what I'd call an "apples to apples" comparison. If the Vox metaphorically represents an apple, then the Marshall will metaphorically represent a bell pepper.

In English: they're very very very different.

I suggest looking up sound clips and/or trying both of them before proceeding any further.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I agree with Slats, try a rectoverb. I just bought one and so far it does everything really well (for metal you might want an OD though).
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Another one to consider is the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - alot cheaper than the VC30 I tried out, and you know what, alot better - also alot more portable, and easy to use imho.

Just my opinion of course. Gear IS opinions though.
Quote by Jackolas
Another one to consider is the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - alot cheaper than the VC30 I tried out, and you know what, alot better - also alot more portable, and easy to use imho.

Just my opinion of course. Gear IS opinions though.

Not again...

AC30 not VC30!
If you want soft rock to metal the JVM is the winner over the AC30, but like someone else said those two amps aren't really in the same league.