hey guys im looking for an amp around or under the $200 price range. i need something for gigs around, say 50 people. just something small for now. i have a 10 watt and ya i wanna upgrade. what say you?
That's some handsome meat.
...what music do you play?
willing to go used?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i bought a crate glx212 for like 300 used. i love it
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
ya im willing to get a used amp i play hard rock/metal but i want one that can also play good clean
That's some handsome meat.
vox adv30.the best cleans i've played,good effects,and you can blend channels.the distortion also sounds good with it.200 dollars.just check it out
I just had a Fender FM 212 and It was Awesome! 100 watts and there is so many different types of tone you could get out of that thing. You could spend hours finding great tones. Around in the $200 to $300 price range used though. But still you should check it out.
yea my brother has a fender frontman 212 (FM 212) and it's great. it gets pleanty loud enough and the distortion has a nice sound to it.

dont know how much he payed for it...
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
While I can't name any models, various solid state Peaveys can be had around that price used. You should also look at a Crate RFX30. I was checking one out at a guitar center and thought it sounded good for the price. Avoid Solid State Fenders and Marshalls. The Vox ADV30 may also be worth a look.
See what your local Craig's List has to offer. Check out the local pawn shops. When you're looking for gigging power under $200, you're really just looking to get lucky. In my opinion, you make your own luck. I've gotten good deals by tracking 'em down. That's what you have to do. See what you find, and ask about it here if you're not sure.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
orange crush 30r, 200 new. super cleans, and nice overdrive with real spring reverb.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
You can pick up fairly high powered old Crate solid state amps used for $50-150 if you shop around. Maybe some old Peaveys. I don't know about the Crush. The solid state Fenders suck (my opinion.) Other than that anything decent for gigs will be hard to find for $200 unless you are willing to mic.
Try not to go solid state. If you really have to fair enuf but try to save up your money for a ttube amp as you wont be disappointed.