I have a Baritone guitar and i want to re-string it but no store near me has the proper baritone strings. I was just wondering if I could use some 7 stings and just leave off the high e string. I plan on tuning it to [Bb-F-Bb-Eb-G-C]. I just don't want this to mess up my guitar's neck or intonation but i'd like to avoid ordering some baritone strings and waiting a week for them to be delivered.
Quote by -heartbreaker-
but, isnt the scale like way longer?
would those strings even reach?

Well that about answers my question. I totally forgot about that. thanks
the point of a baritne is that you can use low gauge strings for drop tunings. Gives more tension due to the larger scale.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Part A: Chosing Your Strings

Ok very important, the strings you will need depend essentially j*ew on what you want to play and what guitar you play, or more to the point, what kind of bridge your guitar has.

For instance a c*ckshaft Floyd Rose bridge won't take strings with a 11-56 gauge, it'll break your guitar. So heres a rough guideline:

# Type Of Music:

- Rock: Nickel wound 9-42
- Jazz/blues: Flat wound (more expensive) 10-52
- Metal: Rhytm, Nickel 9-42: Lead Nickel 8-38
- Heavy Metal: Steel 11-58
- Punk rock: Nickel 10-48
- Reggae/funk/hiphop: steel 8-38
- Classical: Flat wound 10-52
- Baritone: Steel/nickel 12-65

also found these
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_daddario_exl158_electric_baritone_light?full_sku=104359
Last edited by Doobergn at Sep 27, 2007,
i have bronze flatwound strings on my dean. they are handmade by a luthier by my house. they also make chrome, and bronze flatwound strings...these things are AMAZING!!! 9 bucks a pack though. but the good thing is they would restring it for free! lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yea i know, but the guy is cool and he is like a friend now...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yeah I guess I would let him do it to, what guitar do you have by the way? Oh nevermind see you have a Dean. What professionals use baritones? Only one I know of is Buckethead.
Quote by Doobergn
Yeah I guess I would let him do it to, what guitar do you have by the way? Oh nevermind see you have a Dean. What professionals use baritones? Only one I know of is Buckethead.

plenty. Messugah, Linkin Park, Steph Carpenter from the deftones...
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by godofshred
erm
yes it will...

yeah, ti deffinitely will, but only if you downtune...depending on the scale, 11-56 on a baritone at standard tuning will have too much tension..

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350