i heard that esp vipers are good for rhythm playing but are they also good for lead playing?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Quote by kazra90
i heard that esp vipers are good for rhythm playing but are they also good for lead playing?

what genre? what amp? also depends on which model.
metal. i mean are they comfortable to play lead parts on
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
comfort- wise, it really depends on what you prefer. they're shorter scale (unless you get the baritone) and have an SG shape, which will make hitting the 24th fret a lot easier than on an LP shape, but still not as easy as say, a flying V shape.
how is it compared to playing an ibanez such as the one i own?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
it could be the same, could be easier, could be harder. really, it's all about personal preference.
I own a Viper 1000, and yes, I use it mostly for rhythm. Yes, you can solo on it, but I find it a lot more comfortable to solo on other guitars, like my Hellraiser. Long story short, they're better for rhythm, but it's very possible to play leads on them.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
If you can play well you can play rhythm and lead on pretty much anything
Quote by M Power
If you can play well you can play rhythm and lead on pretty much anything

I wanna see someone play lead on a twelve string!
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Haha you know what I mean. I have seen good players pick up some ****ty guitars and make em sound pretty good just by playing it well.
Quote by M Power
Haha you know what I mean. I have seen good players pick up some ****ty guitars and make em sound pretty good just by playing it well.

But that doesn't mean 1. they enjoyed playing it on that or 2. that it was at all comfortable!
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by TSelman
I wanna see someone play lead on a twelve string!

Check out John Butler Trio on youtube.
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Vipers with the strap button located behind the body tends to neckdive. Do take note.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers