I've been playing for like three years and i get by on just the overdrive on my amp and a cruddy digital effect pedal but i really want a wah and maybe a chorus or distortion.
I have like $225 but i dont want to spend more than around 150. I dont really know how to play a wah yet so i cant test it out but can anyone give me some suggestion on what to look for? and if i should go chorus or distortion.
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on
a good distortion will be more useful than a chorus pedal. i'd check out an Electro Harmonix USA Big Muff. i love it.

as far as wahs go, get a Dunlop Crybaby. my personal choice.
Quote by fenderuser93
I've been playing for like three years and i get by on just the overdrive on my amp and a cruddy digital effect pedal but i really want a wah and maybe a chorus or distortion.
I have like $225 but i dont want to spend more than around 150. I dont really know how to play a wah yet so i cant test it out but can anyone give me some suggestion on what to look for? and if i should go chorus or distortion.

WAH: well, for a good one, your going to be spending as much or even more than what you'd like. I have a crybaby wah from hell and it's perfect. Very versatile, but it's 150 bucks.

How you play a wah is you just rock it back and forth, that's called the sweep. Moving it from heel down to toe down is what makes the sound go, "wah wah." It's not hard at all and very fun to mess around with

If you happen to expand your budget, I'd only buy a distortion if you don't like what your amp is giving you. I'm not a huge expert of distortion pedals but the Boss DS-1 is pretty good. And it's only forty bucks at guitar center. But it's not hugely versatile. Let someone else tell you about those.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
For the wah, I would suggest trying a Vox v847A andv848 Clyde Mccoy. If you play metal, I hear the morley ones are really good, and crybaby from hell.

Chorus: EHX small clone.

You could get both of those on your budget. If you have enough for a distortion, it really depends on your amp and playing style.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
i dont play metal but im looking for a nice wah on clean and to play funk and funk rock thats where the distortion comes in.
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on