I'm currently making a few mods on my Strat. Started out with purely cosmetic mods, like black pickup covers, black pickguard, black knobs. Then I melted down the trem arm to suit my tastes. I just put a Fender Roller Nut and Fender Locking Tuners on it too.

Now, I want to upgrade my pickups. I've never been fully satisfied with the stock single-coils, so I was looking into DiMarzios (I'm planning on putting them on my RG550 also) and looked at the FS-1 (in the Bridge position) and Blue Velvet Neck, keeping the stock middle-pickup. I play mostly Progressive, bit of Fusion, and Blues. Would these pickups suit my needs? Anyone have these or have had significant experience with these?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
The only DiMarzios I have are the Virtual Vintage series of SCs: Blues, Heavy Blues, Solo, and Solo Pro. I like their tone at gigging volumes and they're also awesome at bedroom or don't scare the neighbors' dogs volume.

I've seen some YouTube videos where the player had Blue Velvets ... sounded very nice.

Any qualms about stacked single coils? These Area series have been reviewed well by Guitar World mag. There's also Malmsteen's pickups...
If you're looking at the humbucking single coils, the Chopper is awesome, i have one, and the tone from it is amazing, very warm, but not at all muddy
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Any qualms about stacked single coils? These Area series have been reviewed well by Guitar World mag. There's also Malmsteen's pickups...

Those sounded pretty nice. Are they versatile? I'll definitely give them a look.