ok i have a couple of questions i hope i can get some answers =)

1. what is the difference between the epiphone model and the gibson model because i hear that the epiphone is sometimes better

2. price range new and used for this guitar

3. would you recommend this guitar?
"If i had my own world...I'd build you an empire"
...um thanks i guess =P
"If i had my own world...I'd build you an empire"
Epiphone's are overpriced and crappy quality. I don't really like Gibsons either, but if you want a Les Paul, save for the Gibson.

Epiphones suck. Period.
It's a process, not an event.
Honestly: For most gibsons you are going to play it, before you buy it... or you run the risk of a bad guitar.

However: Gibson Custom Shops are virtually flawless. I've yet to play a bad one.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by -AvA-

1. what is the difference between the epiphone model and the gibson model because i hear that the epiphone is sometimes better
The epiphone model is like the economic one, its cheaper, its made out of cheaper materials, etc..

For the gibsons about $1200-$1500, i think, it depends on the model
For the epi about $400-$500

haven't tried it yet

there
1) gibson pwns epi, but on low ends (faded, studio) epi elitist pwns gibson, altough the classic pwns any epi, and the differences are woods, pickups, hardware, finish and a lot of things that give you tone, so a gibson has always a better tone than an epi

2) http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=512001, and search there for epi

3) i dont know, i actually dont like les paul thick necks, but this one is a slim tapered 60's neck so it will be good, and its very difficult to get a lemon guitar at that price range
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 26, 2007,
I love the sound of Gibson Les Pauls (all of them.) Some of the Epi's aren't bad, but if you can go with Gibson. The only thing I have against LP's is a taste/style issue. I don't like that great big block neck joint and constricted cutaway. Kind of funny considering I play a Strat with a great big block at the neck joint, but its different. I need upper fret-access.
With either Gibson or Epi you have to watch for quality control issues, but I trust the Gibson more than the Epi. I have reasonable experience with both guitars.
Quote by -AvA-

1. The Gibsons tend to be better built and use better parts and components. they also tend to play nicer

2. New, $1800 to $200, used they can be had around $1500

3.: No. A shop here has one, and while its nice, its kinda plain looking. I don't think the stock pickups are that great. It plays better then Epiphones, but I don't think it plays its price so to speak. An ESP Eclipse is a much better option IMO.
You can get the standard so why not? what about your "custom guitar"? You should send us cookies..
Don't buy a guitar you haven't played, ESPECIALLY a Gibson Les Paul. I've played amazing LP Classics, and horrible ones. Be careful.

Gibson>Epi. Epiphone is great for what they do, but they really don't offer a product as refined as the Gibson equivelent. Epi tends to have a better track record IMO in regards to quality control, however. Still, a good Gibson is really a thing of beauty. Have fun, and good luck.
Quote by Twist of fate
cool. Ever get head from a stuffed animal?

Quote by casualty01
Say hello to your new warden, bitches!
Quote by Masamune
I love you