OK, I'm actually a bassist, but am in need of a guitar for writing purposes. I'm not into buying junk, either. Anyway, I have an opportunity to trade a bass I no longer use to a friend of mine for his mint-condition red Ibanez Artstar. The only thing I know about it, is that it's discontinued and Tom Morello uses one occasionally. Anything else? Or would another instrument serve me better? Thanks!
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
i its good for morello, its good for you, but it depends on the artstar model, 80, 120 or 200, as it isnt the same a jem 777 than a jem 555 or js 1000 than js100, so test it. and depends on your style, as those archtop guitars produe good clean tones but dont handle hard distortion without feedback. but if you are only using it for wrinting music, it will serve well
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 26, 2007,
They are actually moderately collectable. I have an Ibanez AS73 Artcore (semi-hollow 335-like) and while it probably isn't much like the Artstar I can crank the gain pretty high (gig-level) and don't get uncontrollable feedback, just the controllable kind I like. I don't remember if the Artstar is full or semi-hollow, but I sure would try it out.