ive been searching around for guitars i might be interested in and i was looking up randy rhoads(my favourite guitar player). i was looking at the RR1. the design is sorta the thing that would make people look twice but i havent tried one out yet and i would like to hear your feedback on what you think of it

Click here for link to RR1 at musiciansfriend.com
Hi tom
Neck-thru construction
Alder body
Maple neck
Ebony fretboard with mother-of-pearl markers and logo inlay on headstock
Neck and head binding
Seymour Duncan SH2 at the neck
Seymour Duncan TB4 at the bridge
Original Floyd Rose double-locking tremolo

a sick spec for metal...it just screams metal and fast playing.

if you play randy's stuff and metallica etc...metal then its sick.

if its a guitar that you are going to be learnign hard solos and har guitar work....then its not for you... as you need a guitar that you c sitting down and practice for a long time. If your a good guitarist and can play standing up and can play to a level you think it worthy...go for it.
I have not played one, but I have heard they are amazing. The only bad thing is that Jackson USA has some issues with quality control, so it is a VERY good idea to play before you buy, and buy the one you play.
I played one, its great, feel awsome, great versitility

Biggest problem YOU CANT SIT DOWN!

just use it at shows and or practices
!PRS Custom 24 ten top!
Ric 4001!!
Fender Cyclone 2
2x Harmony Acoustics
Goya 107 Range Master

Quote by x8blitzkid8x
people ruin metal like a7x.
Quote by s/ash

They are easy to sit down with IMO. You also seem to tire slower with them. The key is to have an angled cable (Found this out with my RR5).
Ive heard that they are pretty good guitars. The one with Snow White Pearl and Black Pinstripe is dead sexeh
My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Quote by DieKrupps

if its a guitar that you are going to be learnign hard solos and har guitar work....then its not for you... as you need a guitar that you c sitting down and practice for a long time. If your a good guitarist and can play standing up and can play to a level you think it worthy...go for it.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Not made for hard solos/guitar work? Are you kidding me?

But TS, please buy a new amp first. The RR1 is an amazing guitar, but it will sound like ass through that Spider amp
Quote by s/ash

Yes you can. You probably sat down with the bottom resting on your right leg. That's your problem. You have to sit with it in between your legs.

Anyways...The RR1 is an amazing guitar. If I ever do decide to quite drooling over them and actually buy one, I'll buy a used one that's in good condition because new ones are WAAAAY over priced, IMO. If you got the money, then go for it.
No, do it like I saw in The Simpson a few days ago. Stick your arm into the inside of the V, and play. It works...

...I hope...
DIO FOREVER
Quote by s/ash

u are kidding aint u ? the rr is soo comfortable while sitting down
You'll have to tilt the RR up, with your leg in between the lower horns to play sitting down. Its a great guitar though, but not for everyone so play one before you try. pay attention to the neck especially.

I wish I could get a 7 string RR. That would be awesome..
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
I wish I could get a 7 string RR. That would be awesome..

I've seen them made before. Don't remember where though.
Quote by Vittu0666
I've seen them made before. Don't remember where though.

custom jobs...sigh...:'(
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
custom jobs...sigh...:'(

No no, they're standard jobs. I'll try to find them again for you if you want.
Quote by Vittu0666
No no, they're standard jobs. I'll try to find them again for you if you want.

found it...its the jackson RR7R...but cant seem to find a place to get it...

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Lol, I want he KE2 Jackson Kelly guitar, for the same price, made the same etc.

it's a good guitar, it's a lot of money but it's worth it. OFR makes me happy.
Quote by nan0
Lol, I want he KE2 Jackson Kelly guitar, for the same price, made the same etc.

it's a good guitar, it's a lot of money but it's worth it. OFR makes me happy.

Lol, yeah, that's why I would either get an RR1 USED or probably get a Rhoads Professional because they have pretty much the same stuff. Right now I'm with a Rhoads EX Professional. Not a neck-thru, nor does it have the bound neck/headstock and sharkfin inlays, but it still gets the job done.
Quote by Vittu0666
Lol, yeah, that's why I would either get an RR1 USED or probably get a Rhoads Professional because they have pretty much the same stuff. Right now I'm with a Rhoads EX Professional. Not a neck-thru, nor does it have the bound neck/headstock and sharkfin inlays, but it still gets the job done.

Jackson Peofessionals of that era were sweet. Most of them were just as nice of a guitar as Jackson USAs of the time, and most still are. Too bad you can't snatch them up cheap like you used to.