ok guys my history is due tmo. what happenned in 1885-ish, 1910-ish, and 1950-ish that would make a lot of people immigrate and emmigrate from canada?

???
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm
well 1885 ish would be teh birth of a new country, and tehy were giving away free land to ppl who immigrated here
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
chinese settlers came to build the ralway in the 1850's
second world war also was a cause of a lot of immigration...

Researching is your friend.
Quote by jeff541
ok guys my history is due tmo. what happenned in 1885-ish, 1910-ish, and 1950-ish that would make a lot of people immigrate and emmigrate from canada?

???

1885 sounds like it may have been the beginning of the yukon gold rush

1911. Canada launched an aggressive campaign trying to attract immigrants from europe particularly from eastern europe under the leadership of wilfred laurier (and i can't remember the fellows name in his cabinet who started the campaign...its been 7 years since i did canadian history). there was a new strain of wheat invented around this time which could withstand colder temperatures and required less time for harvest, which was a selling point for eastern european farmers, cheap farm land and a profitable crop

1950ish would be a post WWII fallout, not to mention a boom in the economy and manufacturing industries

there was another massive boom in the late 60/70s when Trudeau opened the borders to imigrants from non traditional areas, such as the carribbean and southeast asia