So the band Today Is The Day uses Mesa Boogie Mark IV's then? I read it on the Mesa Boogie site but I was wondering if they have been using it all the time? Looks like the Mark IV is great for metal and all sorts of other music as long as you dial in the 5 band EQ right then
Oh, I just came up with this question, how do you compare the Mark IV with Roadster heads? I've seen many people use the Roadsters for their versatality and for their "punishing" gain as they say, but the Mark IV is versatile so what are the pros and cons between these two, I hope the Mark IV can get that "punishing gain" too because I've heard great things about that amp as well.
the mark IV isn't really comparable to the roadsters. their two completely different monsters.
Ok so can you tell me the pros and cons of both of these amps, Im looking at these two only due to that they are very versatile, I want to make sure I get the one that is right for me. Maybe to help you figure out what I want, I want the amp to be TIGHT and sound very ballsy and thick, but also very versatile as I will be playing many styles of music from jazz to metal.
Last edited by swordsman14 at Sep 26, 2007,
Both amps are excellent at cleans, distortions, and everythign in between. It's just the overall tone you're shooting for which will be different between the roadsters and MKIV.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I feel like Im leaning more towards the Mark IV, I just have this gut feeling that I would be happier with it more than the Roadster head. So when it comes to the gain can the Mark IV get this kind of tone, its from the band Caliban

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdl8lL-ufYA

That's not the only stuff Im going to play so I dont want people recommending me to buy a 5150 or Cobra or any other kind of amp because I also play many other genres of music too but I just want to know if the Mark IV can get that heavy?
Last edited by swordsman14 at Sep 27, 2007,
Hey I heard that the Mark IV dosen't sound great at doing that chug chug sound, is that true, I thought the Mark IV was capable of so many tones, can't you get that chugga chugga tone just from using the 5 band EQ?
Quote by swordsman14
Hey I heard that the Mark IV dosen't sound great at doing that chug chug sound, is that true, I thought the Mark IV was capable of so many tones, can't you get that chugga chugga tone just from using the 5 band EQ?

listen to this dude's clips of the Mark IV man, it will push your **** in
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=147856
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
listen to this dude's clips of the Mark IV man, it will push your **** in
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=147856

Wow, thats some amazing clips of the Mark IV, it can do metal very well! Im glad it is versatile so I can play from a clean jazz tone to a bone crushing metal tone! I know it may take some time to get some awesome tones out of the Mark IV but once I get to know it really well, Im going to be so happy! I found this clip of the Mark IV and sounds beautiful, I could probably use the Mark IV for playing some stuff from Opeth since it looks like it can nail the tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ1dw_QmjLM
Last edited by swordsman14 at Sep 28, 2007,
The Mark IV is pretty versatile but Opeth use Laney amps which are voiced differently, I'm not sure if you'll be able to get quite that tone out of one; I think you'll just have to settle for a very rough approximation.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Hey, I love that tone that Killwsitch Engage has, I know they use rectos but I have a feeling that the Mark IV can nail that tone without the OD, can the Mark IV get that Killswitch Engage tone? I hope so.