So...today i went to guitar center...
And i asked the dude about what they had in my price range for tube amps.
They had like 5 tube combos in the whole store (they had like 10 fender hot rods though) He was pretty adamante on the valveking 212. Lets just say, i wasnt impressed. The reverb sucked dick, and theres no master volume, and since its a 2x12, thats definitely an issue. Their only polamino in the ****ing store was broke, and they had 2 marshall combos in the whole store, some beat up peice of **** with half the knobs missing (although it didnt sound too bad, it was a jcm 2000 triple lead 2x12) and then a $3,000 one. Oh yeah, their ****ing peavy classic 50 was broken too (and their fender dual reverb...) So i played a hotrod, and i was pretty impressed. Damn good reverb, and the drive was pretty tasty. But it doesnt get heavy enough for me...So....what should i do? Keep waiting? Or can an OD pedal give me my gain fix?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
you live in minnesota. what do you expect? check around for other stores. i'd see if you can play a peavey classic 30. its like a hrdlx with more bite. that plus a fulltone ocd and your set
I love the palomino series. In my opinion, it's much better than the HRD. Wait and play that before buying any amp, in my opinion.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I love my hotrod. idk i usually just go for a pedal if i want more gain or whatever. I think of it as a small price to pay for how beautiful the cleans and reverb are...

probably come down to your own choice though (and patience)

good luck
Some Gear:
Johnson acoustic electric
Schecter Damien 6
Gibson Faded Flying V
Big Muff, Crybaby 535Q, Metal Muff, Phase 90, Boss Equalizer, Boss Tuner
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Quote by JWD192005
was this the GC in Maple Grove?

not sure, its the one over by bloomington kinda. Over by normandale community college
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The Valveking has a master volume. On the lead channel the main volume is labeled "Gain" and the master is labeled "Volume." Its a peculiarity of Peavey's labeling. As far as the Palominos I was recommending them profusely, as I played one and really liked it. Since then I have read a post from Slatsmania, a very knowledgable forumite and owner that there are some reliability issues on the newer made-in-Vietnam (I think) ones. I'm holding off on recommending them until I hear from him more details.
You seem to know pretty much what you want so I would just keep looking. You sound pretty picky (which is a good thing) so there's no point in settling for something you may not like later on. Good hunting.
Classic 30! great sounding thing!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
What do you play? I would just wait till you find something you aren't going to be dissapointed with.
I just clicked in the Minneapolis Craig's List and found a Hot Rod for $350, a Classic 50 for $400, and an AC30CC2 for $850 (gotta talk him down!). Buy one of those.

You get so much more for your money when you buy used gear.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by uldhppi
The Valveking has a master volume. On the lead channel the main volume is labeled "Gain" and the master is labeled "Volume." Its a peculiarity of Peavey's labeling. As far as the Palominos I was recommending them profusely, as I played one and really liked it. Since then I have read a post from Slatsmania, a very knowledgable forumite and owner that there are some reliability issues on the newer made-in-Vietnam (I think) ones. I'm holding off on recommending them until I hear from him more details.
You seem to know pretty much what you want so I would just keep looking. You sound pretty picky (which is a good thing) so there's no point in settling for something you may not like later on. Good hunting.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Since theres no way i am freakin going back to guitar center this week....
How does a classic 30/50 compare to a hotrod? i know that people say they are warmer, but what am i sacrificing for that? i REALLY like the long ass reverb on the hotrod too...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
haven't tried the classic 50, but the 30 has not just as nice cleans, but much nicer overdrive (than the HRD).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Go to willies in saint paul. One of the nicest guitar stores in the nation. Its really expensive though. Twin town guitar might have something for you judging by your taste in amps.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
i hope to god they aren't koch dealers...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Don't go to the GC in Oakdale. The salespeople there are a bunch of lying fags that'll try just about anything to get a sale
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Quote by ken112291
Don't go to the GC in Oakdale. The salespeople there are a bunch of lying fags that'll try just about anything to get a sale

Well, edina isnt much better. The dude seemed like he wanted to sell me a spyder. I was like, **** that. And seriously, they had like 5 dual recto heads, i thought gc didnt even ****ing sell mesa/boogie stuff anyways...
The dude was the manager too. Seriously, like they didnt have **** for amps there...there was mostly solid state **** amps, and a ****load of mesa and marshall stacks
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
plenty GCs are mesa distributors.

i haven't tried the classic 30/50, but the drive channels on the hot rod deluxe just isn't up to par with it's clean. it's voiced completely off, and sounds more like a distortion pedal run through the clean channel.

i'd definitely suggest you try out a palomino, definitely a favorite amp of mine.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008