My name is Christy and I'm new here. I have a question. I was wondering if anyone has broken their middle fingure or pulled it while playing guitar? My middle fingure is swollen and I can't really move my hands very well, I was learning to play Old time rock n roll, you have to use your first and ring fingure to play the chords, but as I'm typing, it feels like my hand has trouble moving , but then again, it feels fine when I'm typing. Iam reminded every now and then that it's swollen though. Anyways, I'm debating on whether or not I should take a break or continue playing? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I didn't think there was ever too much guitar playing, you just play as much as you want as long as you play every day, because you enjoy it. I play alot, like , 3 hours , and sometimes I'll play all day, I was wondering what can I do while I'm waiting for it to heal? Anything? Or do I need to stop completely for a while? And please be honest with me. Thank you for the advice.
dont play if your hand is effed up like that. its also not uncommon that your hand dexterity will change after an injury, so dont push it further. chris poland (former megadeth guitarist) took chunks out of a couple of his fingers during high school (went through a pane of glass) and nowadays he cant barre everything correctly and cant do certain patterns. not saying that could happen to you, just an example

edit: oh yeah, you can get serious tendonitis by ignoring your physical boundaries as well
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by ChristyJams
My name is Christy and I'm new here. I have a question. I was wondering if anyone has broken their middle fingure or pulled it while playing guitar? My middle fingure is swollen and I can't really move my hands very well, I was learning to play Old time rock n roll, you have to use your first and ring fingure to play the chords, but as I'm typing, it feels like my hand has trouble moving , but then again, it feels fine when I'm typing. Iam reminded every now and then that it's swollen though. Anyways, I'm debating on whether or not I should take a break or continue playing? Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? I didn't think there was ever too much guitar playing, you just play as much as you want as long as you play every day, because you enjoy it. I play alot, like , 3 hours , and sometimes I'll play all day, I was wondering what can I do while I'm waiting for it to heal? Anything? Or do I need to stop completely for a while? And please be honest with me. Thank you for the advice.

you need to calm down your playing, see a doctor so your finger gets better, then get a guitar teacher and ask him what techniques are suited to you to avoid any future injuries