would you ever go see a band that is just a singer and guitar player with the bass & drums on a backing track? in my area, there are just no drummers or bass players that can do the things i'd like them to do, so i figure i can just program all that stuff on a computer. that way, nobody will ever get off beat and i don't have to worry about the bass sounding ****ty because it will all be digital, and also a lot less equipment to haul around. are there bands like this? what do YOU think?
i understand WHY you would do that but i dont like those kind of band in live performances. If you put a lot effort to give a good shot tho thats kool.

maybe if you put on a kickass show and had a helluvah singer and guitarist.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
drum and bass backing tracks are used on studio CDs all the time, as for a live band idk about that. depends on the stage prescense was good or not. most likely not, but if liked the music enough then it wouldnt matter who was actually playing
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
You better be one hell of a guitar player, because people will criticize you to DEATH. I did that same thing with a buddy of mine like 5 months ago, and i only heard, "Get a drummer and you'll be pretty good."

I got a drummer now, but the sound is the EXACT same.
well think about it, how much different would the stage presence be without a drummer? all he ususally does is sit there behind everyone else.
It depends... If you're just doing static pre-recorded rock-style backing tracks, I'd probably get pretty bored. You could use something like Ableton Live to give you some flexibility with the backing track to make things interesting. I'd like something like that.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
yeah why not.. i saw this guy once by himself singing and playing guitar with bass and drum backing tracks, lemme tell you - he was one of the best guitarists i have ever seen.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
If I Could Would You?

Playing guitar is NOT a sport.

Let the RABBITS wear GLASSES
]
Quote by Wayward_Son
It depends... If you're just doing static pre-recorded rock-style backing tracks, I'd probably get pretty bored. You could use something like Ableton Live to give you some flexibility with the backing track to make things interesting. I'd like something like that.

no, i'd program the drum and bass (and maybe synth) myself. it would have sort of a prog-metal feel.
Quote by schecter_guy
well think about it, how much different would the stage presence be without a drummer? all he ususally does is sit there behind everyone else.

But he takes up a lot of stage space, and empty stages kind of suck the life out of a place. Also, live drummers have a lot more energy than a recorded or digital one.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50