I really need a new guitar, but I also need a new amp.
And I was wandering about the Epi VJ.
I was wandering if Epi Vj+Decent Cab+ EQ pedal (since epi has only volume) would be a good Idea.
If so what would be a good cab for $100-200? Or should I build my own cab?
Also, can I mod the epi to have a clean channel?
Edit: How much louder would it be compared to my 15 watt SS amp?
Well, the VJ has a clean channel, its called roll your volume knob down, or turn the volume on the amp down. Build your own cab, its much cheaper and you get a way better speaker, I dont know about mods; And it will be about as loud depending on what speaker you use. An eq pedal isnt so necessary because your rp-80 will color your tone enough for you, Rage 158's suck, so this is a good choice.
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
Well, the VJ has a clean channel, its called roll your volume knob down, or turn the volume on the amp down. Build your own cab, its much cheaper and you get a way better speaker, I dont know about mods; And it will be about as loud depending on what speaker you use. An eq pedal isnt so necessary because your rp-80 will color your tone enough for you, Rage 158's suck, so this is a good choice.

Mostly right, but you might want to shop around for a cab. I'm capable of building one, but I don't think I'd want to.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by jb_designs
Mostly right, but you might want to shop around for a cab. I'm capable of building one, but I don't think I'd want to.

well there is a matching VJ cab (1x12)
I'm not using that RP-80 anymore. So I will use the equalizer. I also have a marshall guvnor.
So does... Duncan Jb pickup+Marshall Guvnor+EQ+ Epi VJ+ Custom Cab with 2 12" Celestions = Good, Loud tone worthy of small gigs?
Quote by makuserusukotto
cheap though

not necessarily. the speaker inside there is probably worth less than $20. i'd make my own for $30 and put in a $100 speaker. it would sound more than 5x better.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by rockr09
I'm not using that RP-80 anymore. So I will use the equalizer. I also have a marshall guvnor.
So does... Duncan Jb pickup+Marshall Guvnor+EQ+ Epi VJ+ Custom Cab with 2 12" Celestions = Good, Loud tone worthy of small gigs?

Meh, sure. I wouldn't do a 2x12, it'll double the price, and you won't get any speaker distortion, and a little sounds good with the VJ IMO.

Oh, and you will get no cleans at small gigs. I bought an EQ for mine, and I never use it. No need.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
You can easily mod it for a negative feedback switch will give you some more clean headroom.

It will most definitely be louder than your 15 watt SS amp. Chances are it'll be too loud to crank all the time depending on your situation.
^u make me want one with kerry's marshall mod or sumtin...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
sounds awesome. i'll think about it. too bad it's not $100 anymore tho...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard