Poll: String-Thru or Tremolo Bridge ?
Poll Options
View poll results: String-Thru or Tremolo Bridge ?
String-Thru
23 68%
Tremolo Bridge
11 32%
Voters: 34.
i was thinking of building my own custom, but i can't decide to do a string thru or a tremolo bridge on my guitar what do you guys think ?
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.
Last edited by finalzz at Sep 27, 2007,
String-thru, as it's going to be a lot easier for a first time builder. Or, go one step further towards simplicity and do TOM + stoptail.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
String-thru, as it's going to be a lot easier for a first time builder. Or, go one step further towards simplicity and do TOM + stoptail.

hmmm, any tips on how to build a string thru guitar ?

Get yourself a book.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Get yourself a book.

+1. As for TOM/Trem, I would go with TOM with stop tail likes its been suggested, since its your first build. They are relatively easier to place, and require no routing unless you recess it.
Well im gonna try a FR on my first build but doing a LOT of research before. Depends what you want. I want the versatility the FR gives me.
hmmm, okay. thanks for the tips

All depends on what you want to do with the guitar. How confident you are in your skills, and how much research you've done. Also what kind of tools you have are a factor, but tools can be bought, borrowed, or traded.