I'm planning to buy this pedal mainly to harmonize my guitar solos.I'm just wondering,can I use this on vocal too? Like in recordings cause i suck at harmonizing my singing.thanks.
You could give it a shot. As long as it has XLR inputs.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
it's completely impractical for vocal harmonizing. you'll sound like a metallic digital chipmunk. forget it.
Quote by Phillipa C.
it's completely impractical for vocal harmonizing. you'll sound like a metallic digital chipmunk. forget it.

Aww cmon, it could be the new kind of metal... chipmunk metal..
Harmonizing wont work cause you just pick whether to harmonize in 3rds,2ds,4ths,5ths,7ths,6ths etc. but you cant choose the scale so its pretty useless for that.

Allthough , the boss pitch shifter has one that allows you to pick a scale.
Quote by acoginthesystem
It does have a midi-input for mics, yep.

MIDI inputs take in MIDI data, nothing microphone related.

If you have a dynamic mic and a XLR-1/4" cable you can run a mic in, and have some fun making odd noises but for actual use it is a no go.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Harmonizing wont work cause you just pick whether to harmonize in 3rds,2ds,4ths,5ths,7ths,6ths etc. but you cant choose the scale so its pretty useless for that.

Allthough , the boss pitch shifter has one that allows you to pick a scale.

Sigh, a whammy n00b. What do you think the treadle is for? You can set it to have an interval for the heel and toe setting, IE, toe position = 3rd interval, and heel 2nd interval. The boss pitch shifter depends heavily on the tuning of your guitar in those modes.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Sep 28, 2007,
The difference in voicing betweem a m3, a M3, a +4 and a *5 (etc) can make a huge difference in the conveyence of the piece. There is far more kinds of 3rds, 4ths, and 5ths (etc) neccesarry for good harmonizing than those presented by the digitech whammy.
^True, but for lots of applications, the 2nd/3rd and minor 3rd/3rd settings will suffice. It's not as efficient for quicker runs either. In most of the harmony songs I have played, two different intervals will suffice, especially if playing in a single scale.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
so which pedal has better harmonist? the boss ps-5 or the digitech whammy?