Page 1 of 2
Well the title is self explanatory...Me and my band were practicing today and my neightbor complained... has anyone had any similar experiences? and if so what did your band do about it? Like so far my friends and band mates have narrowed it down to Connecting to a Small Mixing board and feeding off it with headphones. and someone even said to practice at a public storage area not sure if thats even possible :/ all i know i felt like shet after that old man told us to turn it off i dont wanna stop playing im willing to play softer with the band but im pretty sure he'll be back and in for the kill.

please help anything will do any suggestions. rumors. anything thnx.
"a boat is a boat but a mystery box can be anything, it can even be a boat" - Once said by the great Peter Griffin
Last edited by aXn666 at Sep 27, 2007,
oh oh oh me me me, my band did, some old bald guy came and told us to be quiet and complained and such, and implied that we were commies, and that he was racist... so we wrote our first song about him...
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
buy electric drums and do silent session jams via headphone mixers. I do metal and it works fine. its always nicer to have loud amps going.. but in some cases.. like yours and mine.. its simply not an option.

some cheaper headphone mixers run about $40 or so.. they clip when they get loud tho.. so i'd suggest getting a higher quality one.

i'm using a lower quality one by Apex called an AHA-4. it does the job for now.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
find like a parking lot or something with acess to a wall outlet...

or find a random building with an outlet and setup out back!
Not the way I play guitar hero. I 5 stared free bird on the first try! Ima be a rock star..... as soon as my parents buy me a guitar.
the band I'm in uses a storage. if you're a punk band, it's great for recording demos. gets a nice sound. use a mic and a laptop and you got newschool DIY.
Originally posted by Viciousxp
GRRR.. im so mad at society.

grow up, society supports you, the guitar you bought, and the internet you're posting on.
Quote by killedbyaspork
oh oh oh me me me, my band did, some old bald guy came and told us to be quiet and complained and such, and implied that we were commies, and that he was racist... so we wrote our first song about him...

ROFL
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
Yeah, I used to sing for my band, well, scream. The guy came from across the street and banged on the garage door, so I opened it with the garage opener, told the guys to keep playing, screamed "Get the fuck off my property!" and whipped the mic at him.

Community service is fucking gay.

Not too much they can do about it if you're jamming during the day. Most people are off at work anyways. You're in an enclosed space, and I assume you have your parents' consent to jam there, so tell the guy to screw off.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Tell them to piss off and suck on your balls. Asking a band to stop playing so loudly is just asking for ridicule and an increase in volume.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Thanks guys you guys really help thats why i always come back to UG u guys rock... well i guess our solution will be to play louder :P METAL RULES!! ROCK ON.
"a boat is a boat but a mystery box can be anything, it can even be a boat" - Once said by the great Peter Griffin
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
The most peculiar thing ever: My most recent band played street punk, and we had a screaming vocalist. After our first practice, the 90-year-old next door neighbor called us over to the fence and told us we were good, especially the singer!

o.0 thats rad
thrash till death
depends.. if your jamming at ****ing 11pm-8am, you deserve to have the cops on ya
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
The most peculiar thing ever: My most recent band played street punk, and we had a screaming vocalist. After our first practice, the 90-year-old next door neighbor called us over to the fence and told us we were good, especially the singer!

everyone has told us were good even at our old jamming place. just this one guy told us to stfu so idk hes a teacher btw...and were melodic metal if anything.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia

do you happen to live in illinois? sounds like somthing my grandpa would say... he was tellin me about a band that he listens to practice... except hes not 90...
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
when he comes over next, say'l3l0w me d1ckwad' and rip into Master of Puppets or somthing.......maybe Raining Blood by Slayer.....hhmmm.....
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
o.0 thats rad

liek yo. ya mean liek jsut rad, or ya mean saucy-rad.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
liek yo. ya mean liek jsut rad, or ya mean saucy-rad.

yeah so saucy-rad yo radness
thrash till death
once i ripped sh*t at 8 oclock in the morning, and because it was in the garage is was extreme to the nth degree. so much so that the neighbour thought she'd greet me with a morning "shut the f*ck up" notice
One time my band..when we first started out.
A woman came over to our garage, threatening to shove the drummers drumsticks up his arse...and throws the guitars at the walls.

We laughed and played more. Just ignore the bitches, eventually they'll get use to it. And if they call the police, your doing nothing wrong, your obeying the law (unless your playing very loud past 11pm). Your doing nothing wrong, WOOT more music please.

So keep on playing!
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Tell him to call 'tha 5-0' on you guys, then play a free set for the cops.
Couldn't hurt.
TELL THEM

"Well Would you tell picasso to sell his guitars.. huh?
Ahhh watched that movie last nite...never gets old.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz
Quote by sincewhen??
TELL THEM

"Well Would you tell picasso to sell his guitars.. huh?
Ahhh watched that movie last nite...never gets old.

School of Rock?
Convinced me to play Legend of the Rent at my school certificate performance night.
TS, try sound proofing your practice area, carpet does wonders.

If he still complains throw a ridiculously massive spear through his gut and watch his organs fall to the ground in a hilarious cartoon fashion.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by 3lusiv3
School of Rock?
Convinced me to play Legend of the Rent at my school certificate performance night.

THERE"S A TAB TO LEGEND OF THE RENT!?!?!
Like yes it'd be easy to tab yourself..but cbf.

EDIT; I just searched it. THank you =P
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
teh pronz
REBELL!! THATS WHAT METAL IS ALL ABOUT!!!

+if he's making you guys miserable, make his fuking life miserable! & another suggestion for revenge would be every party or whatever he has ring the cops & file a noise complant, the next morning tell him it was you! & he'll never be able to host another party again if he complains about the noise again! (works wonders! thats asuming he's not 'freaky old' and actually has partys or for that matter FRIENDS!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
If they ask you to turn it down, turn it up and play more than usual until they move away.
Damn...make your room soundproof,I did this and no one tell me shut the f#$@ up!
You know some people hate electric guitar sound.
"If the neighbors complain about the noise; turn it up!"
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
my god your neighbours suck...sorry man.I live in an Apartment building and my amp is directly close to my neighbours Bed room wall(from the other side) an when i crank it and play that old lady makes no sound.and shes a cop.
Damn.never happened to me that someone told me to shut up.

the solution is ofcourse a good Ass-woopin'
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

So just play a couple Willie Nelson songs here and there to keep him satisfied, I mean it's not that hard.
Oh...but important question. Do you suck? If you suck then yeah, turn it the **** down.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
KEEP IT LOUD! PLAY THEM INTO SUBMISSION! just don't play after 11pm too loud XD

Thats what we do......
Quote by MightyAl
Burn down his house, eat his pets and rape him.

Thats cool! exept that last bit which i'm pretty sure is gay!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Thats cool! exept that last bit which i'm pretty sure is gay!

Close your eyes and pretend he's a chick.
Or get your drummer to do it.
Page 1 of 2