twenty one years ago today Cliff Burton died in a bus accident. I don't remember the exact rules on posting links so I wont unless I get an ok from mods but I suggest we all go Youtube and watch a cliff solo and remember Cliff RIP.

Edit: screw it i'm gunna post it anyways Sorry mods if its agaisnt the rules but its not advertising as far as I can tell. This one's my favourite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_wGFfrJv4Y

When a Man Lies He Murders
Some Part of the World
These Are the Pale Deaths Which
Men Miscall Their Lives
All this I Cannot Bear
to Witness Any Longer
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation
Take Me Home
Last edited by Iam138 at Sep 27, 2007,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH57X5fvfTs

taken a day before he died. i dont know if hes using his famous wah but it sounds like a talk box with all the vocal kinda sounds to the bass. either way he defnitely had a sound that was amazingly his own. R.I.P Cliff

nah now that i hear it again its definiely more of a wah
empty the bullets from the chamber
^oh man I used to have an audio rip of this I was pissed when it got deleted thank you so much for posting this possably my favourite cliff solo
he does the star spangled banner so amazing, i found it off of your clip so it shouldnt be hard to get back to if you ever lose it again
^already faved

Edit: Is it just me or does the double bass at about 4:40 sound alot like the double bass in ONE?
Last edited by Iam138 at Sep 27, 2007,
alot of metallicas riffs sound freakishly like one another so its probly one he just used over.
The man is a god and we should all hold a minutes silence in his memory R.I.P Cliffy B
I am me. Live with it.
RIP. We missed him much
██████████████████████████████
*plays bit of orion I know to salute him*
R.I.P Cliff, you inspired me, and many others, to play.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
RIP Cliff. You raised me on the bass, and although my styles have changed through the years, I'll never, ever forget that.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Clifford Lee Burton.

February 10, 1962 – September 27, 1986

When a Man Lies He Murders
Some Part of the World
These Are the Pale Deaths Which
Men Miscall Their Lives
All this I Cannot Bear
to Witness Any Longer
Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation
Take Me Home

Rest in peace, Cliff.
I'm not a massive fan of mettalica (I'm going to hell ) but that is one fantastic bass solo. RIP Cliff, don't ever forget
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
R.I.P. Cliff

Thanks for inspiring me, and so many others after you in playing Bass.

You are my biggest inspiration, and your work continues to be my favorite to play.

Rest In Peace, You won't be forgotten
Jaco and Cliff died just a year apart. Coincidence? Yep.

But seriously, he was a helluva player and went out in a way that's so metal it's hard to believe. Rock on.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I also noticed that Jaco and Cliff died just a year apart, a year and 6 days actually. Both of them are my, well for lack of a better word, idols. R.I.P Cliff Burton, twas you that inspired me to play bass.
Cliff is a huge influence on my playing. And that solo that was posted earlier slays, it kinda reminds me of Iron Maiden.

RIP Cliff Burton.
I just noticed that all the posts are worded like hes gonna read them... If only he could... R.I.P even though Im a day late...
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
i was gonna post something about this, but i got my comp taken away :p

yea, my fav bassist by far... R.I.P

im gonna visit his grave and funeral site one day
iunno if its the same place but his ashes were scattered at the castro valley ranch in san fransisco im pretty sure

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
RIP Cliff x
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
RIP Cliff. I can only imagine what Metallica would be putting out instead now if you were still alive.
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.