I'm not really a solo guy, and i suck at high speeds(i can do decent riffing at 120, but when it comes to solos im a tard)
I've learned the solos to two pantera songs, but i can't play them as fast as i like, is there a good trick to increase speeds on these kinds of solos?
I've thought of parting them in sections, and work on the tempo of one section and etc. is this a good way?
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
practice
the whole thing...not just a bit...i only break it up into sections when i learn the solo
Quote by Alex The Red

If it doesn't have to do with tube amps or sex most of us don't really care..

Quote by Kutanmoogle

Looks like Lars Ulrich decided to become a hacker.

Quote by aaron6890
penises FTW

not in the gay way

<.<
>.>

start of slow and slowly increasy the speed
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
If its really fast I learn the notes first then go back and learn the timeing.

Sometimes I break it into each bar or section and get the last section good b4 going onto the next bit.

MVL.
Quote by ISM
If its really fast I learn the notes first then go back and learn the timeing.

Sometimes I break it into each bar or section and get the last section good b4 going onto the next bit.

MVL.

yeap

also with really fast solos you hafta slow them down so you can hum the tune.. when you know how it goes its easier to play
Listen to the solo many times so that you remember every section of it.
Learn the whole solo, but slowed-down.
Once you can play it accurately at that speed, try to play it faster, working on the hard parts
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal