Ok like the title says im a Count Strike n00b what are somethings i can do to make myself better i really hate dying and waiting for the next turn should i play with bots until i never die or what? so can anyone give me some tips?

and also what are somethings i should and shouldnt do in a server, i know that you shouldnt block other people lol etc

so any tips would be appreciated
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
lol i die with bots on easy......i have a pirated copy and i cant play online....

also, M3 shotty FTW!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
crouch. everywhere. increases accuracy.

I dunno, I cant think of any pointers..guess I'm just naturally good.
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
Get a high mouse sensitivity (try avoiding lifting your mouse when turning as much as possible).

When shooting: Always hold the walk button, strafe gently to the left & right and always shoot in small bursts.

That's everything i know ^^

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Training with bots, although it sounds lame, WILL help you in terms of aiming, reaction time and getting a feel for the maps. You just keep playing til' you feel you're ready for the cruel, online world.

Another way would be playing servers on Deatmatch mode. You spawn, choose your guns (no $$$ required) and you're ready for some major killing. The cool thing is, when you die, you spawn right away, in some random place on the map. This, I feel, is THE most effective way of training your 1337 skillz0rz. I have to warn you though, the pace at which the game goes in those servers are sometimes horrifying.

As for things you shouldn't do in servers:

1) Don't block your team-mates when they're retreating, sniping
2) Flashbanging team-mates
3) Hurting your team-mates
4) Talk on your mic if you have a squeaky voice
5) Straying away from your team when you're the bombdude
Quote by DannyKevmahn
Training with bots, although it sounds lame, WILL help you in terms of aiming, reaction time and getting a feel for the maps. You just keep playing til' you feel you're ready for the cruel, online world.

Another way would be playing servers on Deatmatch mode. You spawn, choose your guns (no $$$ required) and you're ready for some major killing. The cool thing is, when you die, you spawn right away, in some random place on the map. This, I feel, is THE most effective way of training your 1337 skillz0rz. I have to warn you though, the pace at which the game goes in those servers are sometimes horrifying.

As for things you shouldn't do in servers:

1) Don't block your team-mates when they're retreating, sniping
2) Flashbanging team-mates
3) Hurting your team-mates
4) Talk on your mic if you have a squeaky voice
5) Straying away from your team when you're the bombdude

Alright thanks man! yeah ive been deathmatching which is cool but my ping is usually too high!

and also what is 'ping' and 'latency'? can someone explain that to me?
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
Alright thanks man! yeah ive been deathmatching which is cool but my ping is usually too high!

and also what is 'ping' and 'latency'? can someone explain that to me?

Ping = Latency = The time needed for your information to reach the hosting server & back.

My Youtube Page

Quote by ItWillDo
Ping = Latency = The time needed for your information to reach the hosting server & back.

so whats a high latency like 500? and what kinda latency servers should i conect to?
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
Ok like the title says im a Count Strike n00b what are somethings i can do to make myself better i really hate dying and waiting for the next turn should i play with bots until i never die or what? so can anyone give me some tips?

and also what are somethings i should and shouldnt do in a server, i know that you shouldnt block other people lol etc

so any tips would be appreciated

Don't rush into places, unless the whole team is rushing. Don't run round corners blindly, throw a flashbang or wait for some moron to run around and get killed if anyone is there or if he survives it's safe. Crouch, move slowly and fire in bursts. Reload whenever you get a chance don't just wait until your clip runs out. There's more I could add but most of it comes from practice, just go on a server and play. Sure you'll die alot at first but so does everyone else. You'll get better over time, just practice. It's probably better playing with real players rather than bots.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Shredlet
so whats a high latency like 500? and what kinda latency servers should i conect to?

500's insane! (in a bad way)

Below 100 is good. Anything above that might be quite annoying and unplayable.
Quote by Shredlet

Try to always aim for a latency of less than 100, preferably 50 and lower for a good, stable connection
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
try connecting to servers which are closest to where you live would help with the latency i think.\

and when buying bullets, don't buy a full cartridge... its a waste of money.
Fender American Strat.
Quote by Shredlet

Try get <150 servers, you can maybe play up to 200 depeding on how many people are on but, anything over 200 is too much.
Those who have crossed
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by riziger
try connecting to servers which are closest to where you live would help with the latency i think.\

and when buying bullets, don't buy a full cartridge... its a waste of money.

You can't buy ammo anymore the weapons come full.
Those who have crossed
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by Shredlet

500ms?

That's a lot. What kind of connection do you have, and are you downloading stuff while playing?

My Youtube Page

Quote by ItWillDo
500ms?

That's a lot. What kind of connection do you have, and are you downloading stuff while playing?

Nah i never dl when im using soemthing that needs lots of kbps coz it'll lag
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
Nah i never dl when im using soemthing that needs lots of kbps coz it'll lag

Good ^^. But now for the other question, what connection do you have? (And do you have a firewall turned on, sometimes they happen to check the packets everytime you send them and cause a lot of lag)

My Youtube Page

Quote by ItWillDo
Good ^^. But now for the other question, what connection do you have? (And do you have a firewall turned on, sometimes they happen to check the packets everytime you send them and cause a lot of lag)

Hmm i have a wireless modem and yeah i think i do have firewall on and also how do you check the connection because i know its a modem i dont know if its like 56k modem or 256k modem or what
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
Hmm i have a wireless modem and yeah i think i do have firewall on and also how do you check the connection because i know its a modem i dont know if its like 56k modem or 256k modem or what

http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp

You're screwed if you have a 56k modem though. And since you have a wireless connection, is your connection showing "Very Good" or "Very Bad"?

My Youtube Page

Quote by ItWillDo
http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp

You're screwed if you have a 56k modem though. And since you have a wireless connection, is your connection showing "Very Good" or "Very Bad"?

Connection strength is excellent! and my speed results were 100kbps so ISDN it said
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
Connection strength is excellent! and my speed results were 100kbps so ISDN it said

Well that should be good enough i suppose. Are you using steam to connect to Counter-strike, and are you connecting to the servers as close to you as possible?

My Youtube Page

Do what i do...Knife everyone you see lol i just ain't the type of person to shoot.

So Flash them and then Stab everyone you see!
Quote by ItWillDo
Well that should be good enough i suppose. Are you using steam to connect to Counter-strike, and are you connecting to the servers as close to you as possible?

I never have many lag problems so dont really worry about that and i only play aussie servers and also on that page there was like T-2 which is like 2000 kbps how much does that cost does anyone know ive never heard of it before
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
#1 rule.

Don't spray. Click. When CT, best gun would to use would be the Colt (b 4 3)along with Deagle (b 1 4).

Also don't rush and look behind you every few seconds or I might just knife you.

I want a steam account because I only play on LAN with my friends and at net cafes. Any ideas how much it is for source and how it works? Do you have to buy the game by itself and then the steam account? Because last time I bought a CS game someone stole my CD key.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
#1 rule.

Don't spray. Click. When CT, best gun would to use would be the Colt (b 4 3)along with Deagle (b 1 4).

Also don't rush and look behind you every few seconds or I might just knife you.

I want a steam account because I only play on LAN with my friends and at net cafes. Any ideas how much it is for source and how it works? Do you have to buy the game by itself and then the steam account? Because last time I bought a CS game someone stole my CD key.

when my bro got it it was $100 AU (so its probs like $50 american) but that was a year ago and its probs gone down by heaps
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
What are the codes for the filters on search servers? Like what do you type to get just deathmatches, just fun games etc?

Im a noob as well If any good people wanna train me (lol) message me for my steam.

:-)
Play with bots until you've mastered shooting accurately. After that, it's just practice.
Death to Ovation haters!
Always carry the aimer at head level, and practice keeping it at head level changing between a crouching and standing target. Short bursts, 2 or 3 shots for medium, 4 or 5 for close, and 1 or 2 shot bursts for long range. Never run and gun, always stop, walk or crouch while shooting.

That's just for the AK/M4 BTW.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Don't. ****ing. AWP!

Honestly awp users can go die.

Awp = 50 Cal Sniper rifle (the big green one)

That aside... basically what everyone else said. Don't spray, crouch alot, and use frag nades. They really help.
does anybody have any other advice for counter strike??

(yay i successfully used the search button!)
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
if you want to keep your head, dont crouch. if youre playing against anybody half decent they'll probably be able to kill you within a second of them seeing you and im not even joking. learn the recoil patterns of the weapons so that you can fire in longer bursts and stick to the deagle, mp5, m4, ak and awps. playing against bots is good for improving accuracy and level layouts but the real meat and potatoes of counter strike is your 5vs5 matches where strategy is everything. also make sure you can place nades accurately, flash bangs are absolutely crucial, as are smokes.
Practice, practice, practice - and turn down your sensitivity as low as possible, you should be able to turn just barely 360 degrees when moving your mouse from one side of your mat to the other.
I'm a communist. Really.
If you don't like having to wait after you die, find a server that plays Gun Game. You start at the pistols, and every time you get a certain number of kills, you move up to the next gun. You won't get to choose which gun you want to use, but it's more fast-paced, and might help you learn the game quicker.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM