On my desktop computer i have all my music stored on itunes and i recently bought a laptop and i dont know how to get the songs of my itunes on the desktop to the itunes on the laptop. My desktop does not have a burner so i cant transfer them that way and iv tried plugging my ipod into the laptop but i cant get the songs of it onto the itunes library i thought i might be able to drag and drop the music files. Anyway how do i get the songs onto my laptop? Is there a way to do it with a network where i can open the folder that has all my music in it on my desktop on my laptop?
My Gear

Guitars:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Standard Strat

Cort Acoustic

Amp:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
create a home network, easiest way is to get a crossover cable (form of ethernet cable, ask for it at a pc store) and run the wizard, make your music file 'shared' and look for it in 'my network places' simple... ok, maybe not
Out of my mind, Back in 5 mins

Gear:
Martinez MDC-21
Washburn D10S12
Epiphone Goth G-400
Peavey Envoy 110
get a wireless network (if your laptop supports it) networking your computers can reli give alot of advantages, and wireless is much better then having wires running all over the house
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
my laptop is wirelessly connected to the desktop i think coz i get the internet on my laptop through a router so i do have a wireless network but i cant seem to get the songs, it wont let me look at the folder
My Gear

Guitars:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Standard Strat

Cort Acoustic

Amp:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
you gotta have a itunes account and then autherise both of your computers with that account. then u will be able to share music, but if your going to do that then itunes needs to be running on your host computer
Quote by musical donkey
Get a mass usb storage device and put the music on it. Then copy the music to your laptop.
once you get the network and all set up it's really quite good, a little slow to load up the libary but after it loads up it shows everything on your host computer, and it you got a new cd or something you would just have to import it on the 1 computer and ur laptop will have that, much faster the usb and save your self some disk space
Quote by musical donkey
Compress the folder and email it to yourself, open the email on your laptop and download the folder.
try the following:-

http://www.kennettnet.co.uk/

they have some software called PodUtil which will let you download from an ipod to a computer. The free version works fine, but it only lets you copy 10 tracks at a time so it's
a bit laborious copying the whole ipod contents.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix