Page 1 of 2
Firstly no not actually skitserfrenic! He just gets the ****s over really little things, Such as not wanting to jam because he's sic of the place we practise at! or not wanting to play on the back of a Truck on Saterday cause it's not a Semi-Trailer, or saying that he's not gonna play at gig cause he's going to a party! or all of 5 minutes ago complains about every other memmber of the band playing a song wrong when infact its him! (i know i just listend to it then!) don't worry he's an awsome drummer and always comes-around in the end, it's just fkn irritating!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Just be glad you have a drummer. Where i live drummers are bloody rarer than the dodo.....Yeah
Quote by MaxLees666
Drummers practically grow on trees. Just tell him he doesn't deserve an opinion

that is so true.
Quote by Moggan13
Just be glad you have a drummer. Where i live drummers are bloody rarer than the dodo.....Yeah

same here

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Moggan13

yep same here i know one drummer throughout mn thats not in a band

well hes in mine but w/e lol
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

I had this problem.

he was a good drummer but was a twat.

one time he completely blanked our singer on his birthday an when I txt him to ask about it he started ranting about how I was mates with a girl that he fancied and about how i was a prick because of it.

so in the end I just told him to **** off.

now we have no drummer

but I wouldn't have that bastard back
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Moggan13

Yeah it's the same here and i do intend to keep him! he's also one of my best friends and has been since pre-school he's just one of those people that has a fit when he doesn't get what he wants! (compleatly different to me I just go with anything!)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Yeah it's the same here and i do intend to keep him! he's also one of my best friends and has been since pre-school he's just one of those people that has a fit when he doesn't get what he wants! (compleatly different to me I just go with anything!)

Well, thats life. Just put up with him and when he has a strop, ignore him. It sounds like he is spoilt and demands things his way because he has probably had it easy all his life.
Just get a drum machine or your little brother to hit the saucepans every now and then.
Quote by Moggan13
Well, thats life. Just put up with him and when he has a strop, ignore him. It sounds like he is spoilt and demands things his way because he has probably had it easy all his life.

That he has! His mummy and daddy buy him every thing he wants, & he's never worked a day in his life!! I mean for fcks sake his 17! time to stop acting like a spoiled little rich kid!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I had this problem.

he was a good drummer but was a twat.

one time he completely blanked our singer on his birthday an when I txt him to ask about it he started ranting about how I was mates with a girl that he fancied and about how i was a prick because of it.

so in the end I just told him to **** off.

now we have no drummer

but I wouldn't have that bastard back

It does seem a certain amount of drummers are indeed, bastards.
Quote by Jackolas
It does seem a certain amount of drummers are indeed, bastards.

Yes it does! I only live in a smallish town (bout 10'000 people) & there are only about 5-6 bands that actually play gigs and i know of 4 of them that have had problems with their drummer!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
You think you've got problems? You wanna meet our drummer. We call him Psycho, and for very good reason too.
He's an exellent drummer but FFS. He'd give Kieth Moon a run for his money and sometimes, getting him out of the pub and into the van to go and play a gig seems a bit similar to the A-Team getting Howling Mad Murdock out of the insane asylum to go on a mission.
You've got to admire his dedication though. I've seen him play with a broken arm (just strapped it up and played one handed, without, I might add, any fancy Def Leppard custom kit) and I've seen him play with Tuberculosis. ( we thought he just had a bad cough)
But it's taking him out in public that we realy get to see him shine. A while ago we were expanding our lightshow so we went shopping......
Myself, our guitarist and our drummer were in a shop trying some lights out. The young lady shop assistant was having trouble getting a plug to go in a 4 gang power extension, one of the pins must have been bent or something, so our drummer said "Ah, that happens with our gear sometimes, just hit it and it should just drop in." She tried this and nothing happened, so he said "Here, give me a go!" He hit it once and nothing happened so he just started braying away at it with his hands, not wanting to look like a weakling in front of the girl. Instead he ended up looking more like a caveman that's just been introduced to electricity. Me, the guitarist and everyone else in the shop were stood there staring at him with bewildered looks on our faces while he was in his own little world, belting 7 shades of s**t out of the plug, until I tapped him on his shoulder and said "Erm....I think you're having a drummer moment mate." He stopped what he was doing, looked around and thought about it for a moment and said "Fair enough, you got me bang to rights there buddy!"

We've just given him a pay rise......now he gets two bananas and a packet of peanuts per gig.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 27, 2007,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
You think you've got problems? You wanna meet our drummer. We call him Psycho, and for very good reason too.
He's an exellent drummer but FFS. He'd give Kieth Moon a run for his money and sometimes, getting him out of the pub and into the van to go and play a gig seems a bit similar to the A-Team getting Howling Mad Murdock out of the insane asylum to go on a mission.
You've got to admire his dedication though. I've seen him play with a broken arm (just strapped it up and played one handed, without, I might add, any fancy Def Leppard custom kit) and I've seen him play with Tuberculosis. ( we thought he just had a bad cough)
But it's taking him out in public that we realy get to see him shine. A while ago we were expanding our lightshow so we went shopping......
Myself, our guitarist and our drummer were in a shop trying some lights out. The young lady shop assistant was having trouble getting a plug to go in a 4 gang power extension, one of the pins must have been bent or something, so our drummer said "Ah, that happens with our gear sometimes, just hit it and it should just drop in." She tried this and nothing happened, so he said "Here, give me a go!" He hit it once and nothing happened so he just started braying away at it with his hands, not wanting to look like a weakling in front of the girl. Instead he ended up looking more like a caveman that's just been introduced to electricity. Me, the guitarist and everyone else in the shop were stood there staring at him with bewildered looks on our faces while he was in his own little world, belting 7 shades of s**t out of the plug, until I tapped him on his shoulder and said "Erm....I think you're having a drummer moment mate." He stopped what he was doing, looked around and thought about it for a moment and said "Fair enough, you got me bang to rights there buddy!"

We've just given him a pay rise......now he gets two bananas and a packet of peanuts per gig.

Yeah? every-one in my band as played with an injury at some time but never a broken arm! thats awsome!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
kick him out. if he'd rather go to a party than a gig then he shouldnt be in the band.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Sounds like you have A DRUMMER. They are all like that(the ones that play in time, anyway).
Live with it, or use a drummachine.
Quote by gunners fan
Yeah? every-one in my band as played with an injury at some time but never a broken arm! thats awsome!!

That's nothing, our guitarist played with a broken leg for around 4 or 5 gigs. Still... what else could he do, after all, he was there when the drummer played with one arm, he couldn't in all conciousness duck out of the gigs when a broken leg doesn't even affect a guitarists playing ability.
Quote by breadstick
kick him out. if he'd rather go to a party than a gig then he shouldnt be in the band.

Your right! thing is i know that he will play! & it's not the fact that he wants to go to a party instead of a gig it's just he doesn't want to miss eigther & he doesn't know how to deal with it! its his parents fault I don't think they're letting him grow up properly! they just sheltered him to much!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by MightyAl
Sounds like you have A DRUMMER. They are all like that(the ones that play in time, anyway).
Live with it, or use a drummachine.

Agreed, and with a drum machine, at least you'll only have to punch the information into it once.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
That's nothing, our guitarist played with a broken leg for around 4 or 5 gigs. Still... what else could he do, after all, he was there when the drummer played with one arm, he couldn't in all conciousness duck out of the gigs when a broken leg doesn't even affect a guitarists playing ability.

I'm a Bassist & i played 2 days after I got 2nd degree burns on my left hand (it was still in a dressing and still burnt like hell, just left enough of my fingers exposed to play!)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by gunners fan
I'm a Bassist & i played 2 days after I got 2nd degree burns on my left hand (it was still in a dressing and still burnt like hell, just left enough of my fingers exposed to play!)

That's fair enough. I can respect that.
I'm the singer so there's very little I can do to myself that should prevent me from performing, apart from losing my voice, but I once did a gig right after I slipped a disc in my spine. (helping the drummer lift his stupidly huge kit anddrum riser onto the 5ft high stage.) That made breathing painful as it was quite high up in my back and any movement of my ribs was agony. Plus, it was a theatre gig and people had payed good money to see us, so, this being a Sabbath tribute and me being an Ozzy impersonator, I still had to run around the stage like a lunatic getting up to all the usual Ozzy antics.
Quote by ian1977
i had a fat drummer once.

Me too!
Years ago in a different band, he was HUGE and had to use a reinforced pub stool because a drum stool wouldn't take his weight.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 27, 2007,
Quote by gunners fan
That he has! His mummy and daddy buy him every thing he wants, & he's never worked a day in his life!! I mean for fcks sake his 17! time to stop acting like a spoiled little rich kid!!

When he begins a fit, say stop being a spiolt brat.
Quote by Nugi
When he begins a fit, say stop being a spiolt brat.

Tried! when i do that he has a fit about me telling him to stop having a fit!!

P.S This is not a joke!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
When he's out of the room (even better at a gig) Get some step ladders, tape his sticks to the ceiling above his kit then hide the step ladders and watch him go mental trying to find them.
It won't help matters but at least it's entertaining.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
When he's out of the room (even better at a gig) Get some step ladders, tape his sticks to the ceiling above his kit then hide the step ladders and watch him go mental trying to find them.
It won't help matters but at least it's entertaining.

LOL!! thats the best Idea i've ever heard just a pitty 2 of our 3 next gigs are outside! Oh well if i did that he would just have another fit & walk out on the gig & then i'd have to follow him & tell him to stop having a fit & then he would have another fit because i had to tell him to stop having a fit!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by gunners fan
LOL!! thats the best Idea i've ever heard just a pitty 2 of our 3 next gigs are outside! Oh well if i did that he would just have another fit & walk out on the gig & then i'd have to follow him & tell him to stop having a fit & then he would have another fit because i had to tell him to stop having a fit!

I once did that with our drummer at a private function. He looked around for ages, started losing it, then the anger rose, then just when we thought the fireworks would start, he spotted them.
Then he went over to the food table that was set up there, grabbed a couple of chicken legs, went back to his kit and played a short solo. Bits of greasy chicken went everywhere and the rest of us were slipping around on it for the rest of the night. Drummers revenge!
I don't have this problem with my drummer. In fact, I think my drummer hates us.

One time me and my lead guitarist grabbed him, shoved him onto the couch, pulled down his pants and jammed his drumsticks up his ass.

*shrug*
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
I don't have this problem with my drummer. In fact, I think my drummer hates us.

One time me and my lead guitarist grabbed him, shoved him onto the couch, pulled down his pants and jammed his drumsticks up his ass.

*shrug*

Dont think he's quiet bad enough to do that to YET!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by Firenze

*shrug*

dude, thats so wrong.
Quote by Firenze

*shrug*

Hmmm, I wonder why he hates you.
We once stripped our drummer, wrapped him up from head to toe in stage tape, then threw him in a soundproof rehersal room, turned the lights out, locked the door, and left him there for two hours. He said afterwards that he went to sleep and had some really weird dreams.
The best bit was unwrapping him, he's quite hairy.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Hmmm, I wonder why he hates you.
We once stripped our drummer, wrapped him up from head to toe in stage tape, then threw him in a soundproof rehersal room, turned the lights out, locked the door, and left him there for two hours. He said afterwards that he went to sleep and had some really weird dreams.
The best bit was unwrapping him, he's quite hairy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Our drummer is a great guy. Only thing is, when we all get together with all our mates etc etc. everyone tends to come over to my house and we link some X-boxes up and have big games of Halo 2. Our drummer is usually either really quiet/shy or only speaks when spoken to. We were playing capture the flag with me and him as one team. I dropped the flag for a second by accident and he nearly knocked the house down with the shouting and screaming and swearing! My neighbours even complained about it afterwards. Drummers are bloody nuts.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Our drummer is a great guy. Only thing is, when we all get together with all our mates etc etc. everyone tends to come over to my house and we link some X-boxes up and have big games of Halo 2. Our drummer is usually either really quiet/shy or only speaks when spoken to. We were playing capture the flag with me and him as one team. I dropped the flag for a second by accident and he nearly knocked the house down with the shouting and screaming and swearing! My neighbours even complained about it afterwards. Drummers are bloody nuts.

TRUE THAT!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Im not being all touchy about drummer jokes, I wouldnt last long as a drummer if I did! I have to say though that if anyone actually has a lower opinion of drummers compared to other members of a band then you are seriously out of order, we are the hardest working and least appreciated members anyway, I play guitar and drums both to a high standard and yeah, guitar is harder to learn and is more fiddly but once you know how to play its a piece of piss, drumming is kanckering, imagine practising 6 hours straight!

HOWEVER

Drummer are indeed completely bonkers, its part of the job description
Diezel, Motherfucker
Quote by mh400nt
Im not being all touchy about drummer jokes, I wouldnt last long as a drummer if I did! I have to say though that if anyone actually has a lower opinion of drummers compared to other members of a band then you are seriously out of order, we are the hardest working and least appreciated members anyway, I play guitar and drums both to a high standard and yeah, guitar is harder to learn and is more fiddly but once you know how to play its a piece of piss, drumming is kanckering, imagine practising 6 hours straight!

HOWEVER

Drummer are indeed completely bonkers, its part of the job description

Don't worry mate, I have a much lower opinion of bassists.
Page 1 of 2