this might have been posted, but there's some struggle with the search right now, so...

i've been playing bass for some time, and thinking of playing some guitar too... thing is i have a very tight (if any) budget.
so... can I plug in a guitar in my bass amp without destroying the amp? or will the high tones destroy the cone?
i have a Kustom 15w
You like it
Plugging a guitar into a bass amp is fine. It may not sound great, but it won't damage it. But don't plug a bass into a guitar amp...
Quote by Denthúl
Plugging a guitar into a bass amp is fine. It may not sound great, but it won't damage it. But don't plug a bass into a guitar amp...

found that out the hard way...
Schecter C-1 Elite
Mesa Dual Rectifier (2 Channel)
Mesa Traditional 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Ovation 1778LX Elite Acoustic-Electric
With a good distortion pedal and low-tuned guitar it can actually sound really interesting.
Quote by xXKoRnfLaKeZXx
found that out the hard way...

aww, poor you...
well, thanks, everyone. now i'll go learn some guitar riffs
You like it
Quote by linus.d
this might have been posted, but there's some struggle with the search right now, so...

i've been playing bass for some time, and thinking of playing some guitar too... thing is i have a very tight (if any) budget.
so... can I plug in a guitar in my bass amp without destroying the amp? or will the high tones destroy the cone?
i have a Kustom 15w

ive used my amp for that n it was reet
it has 2 inouts n we wer usin both of em

altho the amp sounded terrible already
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Guitars through Bass amps can sound really cool when done right.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Yeah Josh did use Ampegs in Kyuss, sounded awesome.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
The gutarist in The Gossip uses an SG New Century through an Ampeg and it sounds realy nice! Look at them playing at reading (y)
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Quote by linus.d
can I plug in a guitar in my bass amp without destroying the amp?

It worked for Stevie Ray Vaughan
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia