I have played guitar for 2 and a half years and have got to the stage were i can read tabs no problem(who cant do tht lol), sus out songs with listening and watching and etc. What I wonder was people like Randy Rhoads had talent, he played classical read music, probably could play anything. My question is how do uno if i myself have that bit of a spark for this sort of thing or if some1 else has??

Also how long does it usually take to play a guitar? I take it on it depends on how long it takes u to learn and when can u say to people'' yeah i can play a guitar''?

Jon
Everybody has that spark to do what you mentioned. Some people just have to work harder at it. I gurantee you you can get to the level Rhoads was in his playing if you truly work at it.

It takes how ever long it takes you to pick up a guitar, and play a note.
Talent isn't imo something you're born with. Randy Rhoads didn't just pick up a guitar and find he could play so quickly and fluently. He practiced for hours and hours until he got to the level he was. The same will be true for you
^ yeah thousands and thousands of hours of practice most likely, from what i understand he started very young and was classically trained. anybody can do it if they're willing to spend the time and effort.
Delores Rhoads, his mother said in the Tribute album sleeve that Randy first started playing when he saw 6. He had a lot of time to get as amazingly good as he was. Just play. You may not be the next Hendrix, but the more you play, the better you will get. That's just how it works.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Didn't Mother Rhoads teach people too? I think she teached zakk wylde alittle :P
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Yeah, she was a music teacher at the school Randy went to. As far as Wylde goes, he was self taught, and is not nearly good enough to have been taught by the same people who taught Randy.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Talent isnt real, you know. I just recently had a student that constantly worries "I hope I can do this" "I hope i have the talent" "I hope my fingers co operate" etc, and I keep telling her that no one is talented on the guitar. Sure, some people are more inclined towards it , and learn it a little easier, but thats because their mindset is what sets them apart, not their gifted hands.

If Randy Rhoads, Hendrix, Yngwie, Jason Becker, Steve Vai, Muhammad Suicmez, or whoever else your guitar hero might be can do it, then so can you. They are only human, like you, after all. What separates the "talented" from the non talented is the amount of motivation, determination, and practice that one can have, but even then, you can always find new things to motivate you, so basically if you want to play guitar for real, you would have no problem catching up to them. The rest is just experience.