What amp do you have? What music do you play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Check out the new Seymour Duncan Blackouts, apparently they address many of the problems brought up by EMG's, such as they don't sound as sterile and use the signal better- a fair list of artists are now switching to them
EMGs are a bit muddy. I personally suggest the Dave Mustaine Signatures, they get just as heavy but clean up better and have more treble response. They're about the same price too.
EMGs are not muddy. People who say they need to try them. EMGs to me define tightness and response when on a distorted amp to the point of not having too much character. Putting the EMG85 in the bridge fixes this somewhat and makes it warmer, but I will agree clean they are some of the worse pickups out there, but I don't know many people who buy them for their clean abilities I would give Duncan Blackouts a try, as a lot of people seem to like them and be switching, or jumping on the bandwagon depending on how you look at it And I'm not saying I'm not guilty with that for some of my choices in guitar (including now interested in Blackouts).
I use EMG85 and EMG81 on my ESP Viper and it sounded gorgous but I play Metal music so theyre quite a good for that
^ Well they have 12db less noise, and a bigger frequency response, meaning you get nicer tone/wider tone from them

Which means that they're more attractive than the EMG's, although in the UK the prices are thievingly horrid, but meh, if you want active, i'd deff recommend looking at them
well the SZ is a mahogany guitar so it will sound nice, EMGs are great for distorted tones, most EMGs ive used just dont clean up enough for me for a good clean tone, which is why i dont use them, but if your a metal guitarist theyd sound amazing in a SZ
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by philipisabeast
^ Well they have 12db less noise, and a bigger frequency response, meaning you get nicer tone/wider tone from them

Which means that they're more attractive than the EMG's, although in the UK the prices are thievingly horrid, but meh, if you want active, i'd deff recommend looking at them
Is that what the SD promotion pamphlets say? I'd fire their marketers if they claimed anything else.

EMGs are perfectly fine, and won't be out of place in the SZ, but most of it is in the amp. Yours isn't the best EMG engine out there, to be honest.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by Ibanez rocker
a fender fm210r and i play metal mostly but the acustic song here and there

Definitely go for a new amp first.

EMGs won't sound all that great on yours (and may even sound worse than what you have now).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Definitely go for a new amp first.

EMGs won't sound all that great on yours (and may even sound worse than what you have now).
I second that wholeheartedly. Push all that signal from EMGs into a low gain solidstate amp, and you'll have dying giraffe sounds coming out of both of your speakers before you can say "Oh shit!"
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
as for solidstates, then emgs (81/60) with peavey bandit 112. would it be a good combination or not?
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
I suggest passive Dimarzios.

Lol well your suggestion is terrible.