Only I didn't drop it and it's not even my guitar.

But apart from that, the head got cracked. I tried some google searches, but I don't know where to go to just buy the head and not a whole new guitar, because it's actually a decent accoustic and is still in fairly new condition..

except for the cracked head, which really really sucks.

Any ideas?
You could take it to some local music store and have them give it a look over
the head is the integral part of the neck.. I guess u cant do **** about that..

All u can do is to cover it up with some paint if it`s even possible.
Quote by kop4

No, theres things you could do, it just depends on the severity of the crack, and its location. It could be as simple as some special glue to seal the crack. If you could take some pictures of the damage and post them here, that would help alot in any advice we could give for trying to fix it yourself.. Other than that, yeah, just take it to a shop.
Quote by kop4

Well, on alot of guitars the neck and headstock is sometimes glued together in what's referred to as a scarf-joint (AFAIK, I'm no luthier), but the headstock can actually break apart from the neck, and you'd still be able to glue it back on. I saw Dime once, with his CFH, and the headstock hanged and dangled in the strings WHILE he played it, because the strings was locked in the string-lock, keeping the string attached to neck. So I guess he's not COMPLETELY f*cked.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by Rungej
You could take it to some local music store and have them give it a look over

Thats your best chance
+1
Update on the guitar, now that I'm not in school and actually have a chance to look at it..

The whole thing is completely broken. I'm just going to have to buy a new guitar neck. That's probably my best option.

Edit: Last update on the guitar.. I just called my music store and talked to the guy.. and I learned that it probably wasn't even worth it to try and get it fixed. I was all like "Don't tell me that, I loved that guitar!" but it seems its only purpose is decoration now.. *lesigh*

So I'll just buy a new guitar.. and take better care of it. >.<
Last edited by SteelToedGirl at Sep 27, 2007,
There's a lot more work involved in replacing an acoustic neck than an electric neck as they're glued.

It can be done though. Whether or not you should do it depends on how important the guitar is to you. I recently put $150 into repairing a guitar worth maybe twice that, but it sounds like a lot more than it's worth.
Well they don't even sell just the necks for accoustics.. they just have 'em for electrics.

Just getting the head fixed would cost 150+, so if I'm going to spend that I might as well just save it and get a better guitar later.
Yeah if you're going to fix it you'll have to either glue it back together, (which could work just fine, I've seen it done before to a strat that was dropped on stage and had the section with the first string tuning peg break off. I think he did it himself) or replace the whole neck.