Hi guys, I was just wondering whether ICT and Computing are any good to do for A levels. I'm pretty good with computers, and work at my Local LAN center doing computer repair. I'm more interested in the hardware side of things, so just wanted to check whether I'd enjoy them/hate them.

Also, what's actually the difference between the two? As you guys can probably tell I haven't really looked into them much!

Thanks

- Charlie
I did computing as an a/s level and was pretty interesting (only reason I dropped it is I prefer my maths, history and physics more) But people who chose Applied ICT regretted it, so if your going to choose 1 choose computing its great.

Computing is based around new stuff which you might not have done at GCSE with some ideas expanded from GCSE however the Applied ICT is mostly if not entirely your GCSE course again (from what I heard from people who took it)
I do computer studies (A level)

I think it is the same as computing. The whole course is basically about programing and C++ is the main focus.

There's also a coursework to it as well. You are expected to produce a program for a company.

It is quite fun if you are good at maths and logical + hard working... like me

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Applied ICT isnt really much to do with computers at all - its more business systems and how businesses run.
ICT is for dropouts who want an easy subject so they can become receptionists.

Computing is for people who are interested in a career in computers, and focusses on inner workings and programming.
Gear:
Ibanez S470
Dean Performer DSE
Vox AD30VT
Line 6 Toneport UX1
I did computing as an a/s level and was pretty interesting (only reason I dropped it is I prefer my maths, history and physics more) But people who chose Applied ICT regretted it, so if your going to choose 1 choose computing its great.

You get to choose to do Applied ICT??!! It was compulsory at my 6th form. Did it over 2 years and it was only worth an AS.
It's gonna be a blue day
I've heard from those who have started ICT that is boring as hell

BUT

If you enjoy working with computers, then guys that I know who are taking Computing absolutely love it.
So if you're serious about computers, take Computing.

My tutor at college said that theres no point in AS level ICT, as long as you can use a computer at GCSE level you'll be fine in employment.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.