Hey all.

Last year i was in a car accident that wasn't my fault, and it wasn't too severe... but thats besides the point. I spent 3 months at a chiropractor, and called the guys insurance to pay me out, but they still haven't (and this is over a year!)
This happened in California, and they called me (finally) telling me that since its taking soo long, that they can give me $1000 and it will be over. I was expecting $2000 or something. Am I asking for too much? How much do they usually pay out? I think they want me to get desperate so that Ill take the $1000.
What do you think?
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
Quote by let__it__bleed
Take it, virtually FREE MONEY!!

Or... maybe even MORE free money!!
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
"have you been in accident that wasn't your fault?
have you fallen over at home or the workplace?"
say your doctors billls cost you $1000 alone.
Send them the chiroprator's bills, and say that they can cover those AND give you $1000 to make up for taking so damn long to pay out.
Or they can wait to hear from your(ficticious) lawyer.
sue the guy - isnt that the american way?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Hahah ^^^^^ so true. Do that and get around $3 Million. Say you were damaged not only physically but mentally and emotionally.

But, seriously though, how much was the TOTAL damage?

(Chiropractor and the car damage?)
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
Quote by fafinaf
damn, can anyone say greed?

Yea, but 3 months of chiropractic treatment isn't gonna be cheap. If he needed it because of something that was someone elses fault, why shouldn't the party at fault(or thier insurance) pay for it? And give a little more to make up for taking so long.
Quote by fafinaf

Im not greedy!!... Well, maybe a little, but it took over a year, and Im pretty sure that they are not paying us as much as they should!! If you think about it, they are just giving me back the money that we pay for car insurance!

Im not too sure of the exact costs, but the car wasn't too bad, but the chropracter was pretty insane! The insurance has payed for the chriopracter costs, but still has to pay us out.
Quote by rustausa
Or... maybe even MORE free money!!

Well if its more, i can make an exception
Schecter lover
oooooooooof
also a girl
Quote by fafinaf

greed?
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by rustausa
Im not greedy!!... Well, maybe a little, but it took over a year, and Im pretty sure that they are not paying us as much as they should!! If you think about it, they are just giving me back the money that we pay for car insurance!

Im not too sure of the exact costs, but the car wasn't too bad, but the chropracter was pretty insane! The insurance has payed for the chriopracter costs, but still has to pay us out.

HOW MUCH GODDAMNIT ?
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
i havent read anyones posts but your TS, DONT take that money. they are doing that to make you go away when rightfully they owe you. give them hell, it might take a while, but dont succumb to a ****ty offer like that. get the money you deserve.
i work at an autobody shop, and we deal with insurance companies daily. believe me, there is no more evil corporation i swear to you. they exist to **** you, take your money and not help you. i really hope you listen to me, im seriously pissed knowing that they offered you that and i dont even know you.

dude, you are not greedy, they (ins. co) are the greedy bastards. they have plenty of money, dont let the accident and pain you went through be in vain. it wasnt your fault, make them pay.
I was going to say demand them to give you the medical bill total along with it, but I see they've already paid for it. Don't be so damn money hungry, and appreciate what you get.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
oh yes, he's greedy for trying to get rightful compensation from what probably is an evil, faceless corporation (it is an insurance company, let's face it).

my mum was in a car accident that wasn't her fault, the other guy ran a red light, but because no witnesses wanted to issue a statement, and they "couldn't find" the policeman at the scene, the ****er got away with it.

so sue him some more for my mum please.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
You have a right to be reimbursed for any and all expenses that you incurred as a result of the accident. That includes doctor bills, car repairs, missed work, etc.

Be careful. Insurance companies make their money by insuring that people pay them more money in their premiums than they have to pay back in claims. They'll try to pay you as little as possible to get you to shut up.
Quote by guitarded420
i havent read anyones posts but your TS, DONT take that money. they are doing that to make you go away when rightfully they owe you. give them hell, it might take a while, but dont succumb to a ****ty offer like that. get the money you deserve.
i work at an autobody shop, and we deal with insurance companies daily. believe me, there is no more evil corporation i swear to you. they exist to **** you, take your money and not help you. i really hope you listen to me, im seriously pissed knowing that they offered you that and i dont even know you.

dude, you are not greedy, they (ins. co) are the greedy bastards. they have plenty of money, dont let the accident and pain you went through be in vain. it wasnt your fault, make them pay.

Thank you so much dude!!! Thats what i wanted to hear, becasue i feel the same way!
HAHAHA!!! Just to let you guys know, i got $2000!! I haggled with the lady!!
Once you get hooked on insurance money there's no going back
...And the worms ate into his brain.
Get yourself a lawyer. I know nothing about claim settlement values in the US (I worked for an insurance company in Ireland though) but this seems very low, typical back injury whiplash cases in Ireland go from about nine grand and upwards.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser