Yeah, so, I have an Epi Les Paul 100 and I'm looking to put some new pickups in it.

I'm not sure exactly what I want, I just want something that will give me better tone quality and a more unique sound. My style varies between classic rock, psychedelic and metal. For instance, I often play music by Rush, Primus, Megadeth and the Flaming Lips.

Anybody have any suggestions?
I'd suggest not wasting your money on a set of pickups that's going to be worth more than the guitar is. Polish a turd you cannot.
Try taking the pick up covers off first (if they are covered) before replacing them. It'll give you a harder tone. If you don't like that, you can swap em.

Seymour Duncan's site has sound clips for each pick up, so you can listen and pick what you like
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
What amp do you have first of all?

Fender Frontman 15R.

If it's relevant, I also use a Digitech RP150 Processor.
Hate to break it to you, new pickups aren't going to change much with that amp. If your looking for a better tone, the amp is the place to start.
Quote by AcousticCowbell
Fender Frontman 15R.

If it's relevant, I also use a Digitech RP150 Processor.

Fender Frontman 15 is the worst practice amp on earth. I used one for a year and moved onto a Roland Micro Cube (just as a practice amp).
Last edited by Ki' at Sep 27, 2007,
Bare knuckle pickups are really good, but as everyone else has said, your better off with new amp before anything else, im finally got everything i need, peavey classic 50, fender stratocaster, im sorted!
Definitely save up for a new amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If you want cheap but good pickups go with guitarfetish. It won't make a big difference since the amp isn't great but it would be better than the stock pickups and not a huge chunk from your wallet.