this kid in my school asked me to change the strings on his old guitar

its a cameo strat knock off, ive never heard of it before

now the nut are the kind that have big slits down the middle instead of the little holes like on my other guitars, how do i get the string to stay so i can tune it up??
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Pictures?

The nut is the piece of plastic/bone/ceramic at the "top" of the fretboard before the tailpiece, I think that you're talking about the bridge... I think
Last edited by Kayfan at Sep 27, 2007,
it isnt this kind

it looks like these, but smaller because its not on a bass

edit:

yeah i said nut and i meant tuner sorry
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Lol my cyclone has those tuners anyways they are a total pain in the ass

1. Stretch the strings (This is SO IMPORTANT)
2. Cut the string about 5 inches longer than the tuning peg
3. Insert the end of the string inside of the "butterfly"
4. Wrap the string around the tuning head as many times as possible
5a. Keep the strings tight otherwise they will spring off and cut your f*cking hand.
5. Turn the tuning pegs, tune, and tune, and tune again

*Edit*
Even though these tuners suck when you have to change strings the tuning stability is so much better.
Last edited by Kayfan at Sep 27, 2007,
i figured it out

yeah they area pain

but about the guitar

its most likely a 70 something

its a stupid strat knock off with a PAINTED ON (like with acrylic paint) confederate flag

only the neck single coil works, the middle single and bridge humbucker dont work AT ALL
Mesa Boogie DC5
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
^^ What he said, but when I stick the string straight down into the hole (through the top), I bend it down to fit in that groove, then start turning the peg. I don't know why it would spring off though.

*edit - Good Deal. They are a pain, but you will have no excess string hanging off, making it look cleaner. They're suppose to be "vintage" style. My Tele Reissue has em'
Last edited by McFadden at Sep 27, 2007,
I don't know why it would spring off though.[/QUOTE

I almost always cut them too short (~1 inch) because the gears for my low E string won't mesh properly if I go any longer due to the amount of torque involved with .10 strings. When strung this way theres no friction or tension at the peg end causing the strings to "jump" out of place which usually ends in some blood .
Those tuners actually rock because they hide the string ends. You can never accidentally stab yourself on them, and they look cleaner.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN