ESP LTD KH-603 Kirk Hammett Signature Electric Guitar

Also am wondering can you get this guitar in normal version, i.e. not signature, i'd prefer it without the spiders and hoepful a none sig will be cheaper and is this guitar any good?
Last edited by TERU at Sep 27, 2007,
so your asking if that guitar is any good, but you want a totally different one?
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
that doesnt quite make sense, as am looking for the same guitar but without the spiders

Quote by ChaoticVengence
so your asking if that guitar is any good, but you want a totally different one?
The floyd and dual volume controls are only for that Eclipse guitar only. Otherwise, an EMG equipped EC will do most of what you want it to do, assuming you want that body style (otherwise look at the M and MH line). They are fairly cheap, $630 for a 500, $800 for a 1000. Yours is $950.
I know its got nothing to do with weather it plays well or not but I really don't like the headstock it just ugly in my eyes
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
well if you get the ec-50, its not the best, but the next ec model, is pretty sick,

and this guitar? dont get it, not worth it, the crappiest kh ever the headstock is butt ugly, but well the gutiar is pretty good, but the reason why i said its crappy is because of the price, i wont pay that much for this thing,

1. dont like it, i like the other kh better

2. i can get an ec model for lower price

3. its my decision

you can get it if you want, but i say get the ec-1000 instead becasue that one is slightly bretter than this, iths thing costs more because its a sig model

but the ec-1000 is the highest model of that series, so its like the best ec
Last edited by sum_ugly_man at Sep 27, 2007,
what do you mean by the next ec model?

Quote by sum_ugly_man
well if you get the ec-50, its not the best, but the next ec model, is pretty sick,

and this guitar? dont get it, not worth it, the crappiest kh ever
the ec 100, my bad forgive me bro

and i say get it if you want a floyd rose, have considered any other guitars?
Quote by sepultura alma
I know its got nothing to do with weather it plays well or not but I really don't like the headstock it just ugly in my eyes

I know what you mean. I saw one of the ESP ones in person and I just couldn't get away from the headstock. It's not just ugly if you ask me, it's intensely ugly.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
why is the ec 100 so cheap? Something that cheap carnt surely be good?

Any how, would the ESP U-01 [HELLION] be better than the LTD 603 above?

Does the guitar have to have a Floyd Rose on it and be in that body style? I would recommend an ESP EC 500s. if you don't need the Floyd but are looking for something geared towards metal. (looks, playability etc.)
Be cool.
the EC-100 is cheap because it sucks. That KH-603 is a really nice playing/sounding guitar, but as many have said, it is offensively ugly.. you can get an Eclipse FR if your outside North America, but that would be pretty expensive I think. You could get an M-1000 or something that has the same specs pretty much for a lot less cash.
Well am looking for an ESP LP shaped guitar that can do hard rock/rock/metal. Also am looking at a guitar that is kinda higher in the price range as those are the ones that tend to hold value better than a budget guitar.
i don't think esp make an eclipse with a floyd other than the hammster model... if you can make do without a floyd, the non-hammster guitar will give you more bang for the buck... just don't go lower than the 400 series... i think that's the general consensus on LTD's.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i mean if you don't need the floyd, the ec400/500 or 1000 would doubtless be almost the same guitar just without kirk's name on it.

edwards might be worth considering too, they're owned by esp too. you'd have to buy from japan though. but depending where you are (Europe), you can get them cheaper than LTD's...

EDIT: more of the sound is in the amp... as long as you aren't daft (buy an EMG-loaded metal machine when you play jazz, buy a hollow jazz box for t3h br00talz), you can normally get 95% (at least) of the way to the tone you want with the right amp. that link didn't work for me, youtube has been acting up on me recently for some reason...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes i should be able to import quite a few guitars from japan, so ordering from japan shouldnt be a problem. Also what about GRECO guitars are they good?
Quote by cheames
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR - http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/catalog/esp-eclipse-ctm-floyd-rose-blk-black-p-22125.html

does exist.

like i said though, expensive. if you dont need a floyd, go for the EC-1000.

ah i stand corrected! nice find!

I hear greco's are good, but I've never even seen one, let alone tried one, so I can't say from personal experience..
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I guess I'm the only one that thinks its a great-looking guitar (except for the stupid spider inlays.) The peghead is very similar to the Melody Maker, and since I am an old guy its fine with me. I can understand why metal players might not like it, but not why anyone thinks its ugly. Just conversation.
There are Burns Les Paul copies that comes with FRs.... One user here has one, fatgraymatt or something. All I remember is that he has lots of LP's with FRs
Quote by uldhppi
I guess I'm the only one that thinks its a great-looking guitar (except for the stupid spider inlays.) The peghead is very similar to the Melody Maker, and since I am an old guy its fine with me. I can understand why metal players might not like it, but not why anyone thinks its ugly. Just conversation.

the fact that it's connected to the hammster doesn't help for me...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^I never heard of a hammster. Except for the cute fuzzy rodent kind.
kirk hammett.

hence the "hamMster"...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok I understand your revulsion. I guess you can kind of tell I don't listen to modern music very much. Stuck in 1960-1980's.
Last edited by uldhppi at Sep 27, 2007,
Quote by Mwoit
There are Burns Les Paul copies that comes with FRs.... One user here has one, fatgraymatt or something. All I remember is that he has lots of LP's with FRs

Correction, they're called Burny. Made i Japan by Fernandes.
Yeah I think Burns went out of business. Made guitars for about 5 years back in the 80's (?) Bisons?
They're back, I think... Some semi-local stores here have some that I think are new. I can't look at them, though. That scroll headstock kills my eyes.
Quote by uldhppi
Ok I understand your revulsion. I guess you can kind of tell I don't listen to modern music very much. Stuck in 1960-1980's.

haha i'm stuck in the 80's.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
so the only makers of LP copies is, epiphone, EPS, burny, ferandes, greco, zemaitis, tokai and edwards. Any others?
if you're in the UK, gordon smith would be worth a look too. They aren't exact copies, they use slightly different woods, but they're nice guitars.

Also, an independent luthier could doubtless make you a LP-inspired guitar, depends again where you are for that.

Hamer make a bunch of gibson-style guitars, but i don't think they make a single-cut LP style... PRS make a single-cut, again not an exact copy, but a similar idea.

Whole bunch basically. what you basically want to avoid are the no-name starter ones... not all copies are equal.

oh, there's navigator too, kinda like the boutique version of edwards (again owned by ESP). They're pricey, though.

probably a bunch of others I've forgotten. Orville by Gibson as well.

EDIT: oh yeah agile. Haven't tried those though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?