First of all sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldnt really decide it could go better.

Most days (especially recently) Iv been playing guitar for about an hour and a bit, and what I like doing is playing along to songs and pretending Im on stage.
But thats not the point lol

I was playing the darkness's is it just me

which is something like this:

---------------------------
-2-2-2---2---------------------
-2-2-2---2---------------------
-0-0-4^-5-----------------------

The exactness of that doesnt matter, the main point was that it was a bit of a stretch, and now my wrist is really sore.
Its not really comfortable to play guitar so I havent really played today, and Iv been trying to use it less so it can heal up better.

So what should I do?
Just not play guitar to much for a while and let it get better, or keep playing so that my wrist will get used to it.
Although Iv been playing for nearly three years theres not much for it to get used to I should hope lol

Any suggestions?
Trust UG for every health related problem and it should be fixed!
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
doctors? oh wait, you're already here
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
do you play like your favourite punk guitar player?
aka your guitar below your knees
your arm and wrist should be straight when your playing, your wrist shouldn't really be bent at all, thats probably why it hurts
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
That shouldn't be much of a strech... Are you using your index finger ONLY to fret the A and D string?
I'm a communist. Really.
in all seriousness, icy hot.

no really.

and yeah, how low down is your guitar when you're playing?
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Quote by DREAM EVIL 1138
in all seriousness, icy hot.

no really.

and yeah, how low down is your guitar when you're playing?

Not that low, its the same height its been at for aaaaages and this is the only problem Iv had.
you could try strengthening your wrist some more, they have devices for that. might help.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Quote by Raziel2p
That shouldn't be much of a strech... Are you using your index finger ONLY to fret the A and D string?

Yeah and the third finger for the fourth fret and the fourth for the fifth.
If you're curling your wrist to play, as in the guitar is that low down, then that's your problem. I used to play the guitar at knee-length, and that coupled with pumping iron at the gym plus an addiction to WoW pretty much crippled my wrists for ~1 year or so.

Make sure you play in VERY comfortable standing and sitting positions, and don't strain your wrists. If you're in pain, you're doing something wrong, and you're giving yourself a better shot at getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
If you're curling your wrist to play, as in the guitar is that low down, then that's your problem. I used to play the guitar at knee-length, and that coupled with pumping iron at the gym plus an addiction to WoW pretty much crippled my wrists for ~1 year or so.

Make sure you play in VERY comfortable standing and sitting positions, and don't strain your wrists. If you're in pain, you're doing something wrong, and you're giving yourself a better shot at getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

But Im not really curling my wrist at all really, at least not for most of the time.
So should I just play less until the problem goes away?