My friend dropped his guitar on my PRS SE Custom and i was obviously very disappointed when i spotted a dent on the headstock. I emailed PRS guitars and they gave me these instructions:
You can fill it with acrylic urethane and then wet sand the area with 1000 grit sand paper. Then you will need to buff out the sanding scratches with a buffing wheel and fine grit buffing compound.
I tried my best to remove the dent by following these instructions but i'm pretty sure that wet sanding is a professional job. In some ways i fixed part of the dent, in others, i made it worse. Is there anything else i can do? I really would like to get this fixed, it's my pride and joy .
Here's a picture: the dent is on the right between the 5th and 6th string posts.
Gear:
PRS Standard 24
PRS SE Custom
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
BOSS BF-3, TU-2
ouch man. my advice is find a local luither, youl be suprised, and see if he can work on it. when i got a scratch right down to the wood on my hellraiser i did found a luither ( about 20 mins away) and he fixed it. looks completly normal now, wouldnt know it happend.

gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Wet sanding is very simple - buffing could be considered a professional job though.

You want to avoid sanding on edges, there is NEVER enough paint on edges so it's very easy to sand paint off. 1000 grit I think is a bit too rough, try 1500. Unless you apply a whole lot of pressure, it's unlikely you'll break through the clear. Sanding scratches can be easily removed with rubbing compound, I wouldn't worry about them.

There's not much else you can do, save for refinishing the headstock. Any other methods are likely to leave it still rather visable.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Sep 27, 2007,
Ooo I winced

Anyway it's probably safest and easiest to take it to a luthier like the other guys are saying. It shouldn't cost very much.
Quote by cheames
just leave it.. if the guitar still works it dont matter...

i would normally say that

but come on, its a prs...

and did you punch your friend?

what did he drop on it, a squier bullet?
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
He dropped his 40$ Epiphone on it :-|....and i didnt punch him because he's a lot taller than me.
Gear:
PRS Standard 24
PRS SE Custom
BOSS BF-3, TU-2
Quote by Teh GIR

...It's a PRS SE, who gives a crap?

You might be able to raise the wood if you really wanted to using heat, but it really isn't that big of a deal.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Ooo I winced

Anyway it's probably safest and easiest to take it to a luthier like the other guys are saying. It shouldn't cost very much.

yeah it doesnt cost much atall, £20 for mine but it was about 2 inches long and as i said down to the wood.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
That's hilarious - $28 for fixing a dent on a guitar while it costs $300 to fix a dent on a car.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
a dent on the headstock? does it matter at all?

leave it. a guitar without wear and tear is a guitar that hasn't been loved.
if it was a high end prs itd be like a 89 civic hitting a maybach
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Teh GIR

meh.. only an SE...
Not worth it IMO. Its an SE ffs. I know you value it but c'mon, it works. And its not even that noticeable. More trouble then its worth.
SE or not, it's my guitar. It's not the worth of the guitar that matters to me.
Gear:
PRS Standard 24
PRS SE Custom
BOSS BF-3, TU-2
Quote by PMaurer
SE or not, it's my guitar. It's not the worth of the guitar that matters to me.

See, I think you're going over kill. It will cost at most $50 to get it fixed right. If its your guitar, and you sound like you're not going to sell, why bother? I know what its like to get that first dent. but to me, thats not hurting anything and it doesn't look that bad. but hey, if you want to have ti fixed go for it, I'm just saying its probably not going to be worth the hassle of doing so.