EDIT: MOVED TO https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680869

So I was thinking it would be really cool if we had a top UG guitarists competition. What I mean by that is the top guitarists on UG. So if you want to be in it, let me know and I'll put you on the list. You could either post a video or a song. If you want to be a judge, let me know. I'll be one of them, and I think we should have four or five others. For now lets just stick to blues, metal, rock/punk/ska.

SUGGESTIONS!

You can go to worlguitar.com , Click enter, then on the left hand side and click "jam", at the top of the page, click "Jam machine A", and pick something to jam along to.

JUDGES

So far

Td_Nights (overall)

Metal:
rockownsyou
TOAOIsaac

Rock:
TOAOIsaac
rockownsyou

Punk:
skaguitarist53

Ska:
skaguitarist53

RULES:
CAN BE COVER OR AN ORIGINAL

MUST BE ONES SELF PLAYING. NOT "LOOK HOW GOOD MY GUITARIST FRIEND IS!".

BACKING TRACKS ARE FINE, JUST MAKE SURE THAT WE CAN HEAR THE GUITAR.

Have fun!
Alec

EDIT: Also, I think it'd be cool if this got stickyfied. Thanks.
Last edited by rockownsyou at Sep 27, 2007,
this probably won't work. plus you can rate people if they upload ability stuff to their profile.
yeah but what if you get a kid who is amazing at blues, then another amazing at shredding? Who wins that?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
yeah but what if you get a kid who is amazing at blues, then another amazing at shredding? Who wins that?

agreed. plus, who cares who is "best". a good guitarist doesnt have to show off...
I highly,highly doubt any of this would work.

Perhaps if you stuck to one specific genre,things could turn out better.

I'm up for judgeing though,so if you pull something else together...let me know.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
i would suggest leaving it open to any genre, and having judges who have preferences in different genres so we can represent a couple of views, and not have per say, everyone one be a blues monger and having them completely hate other genres for the sake of being cliche. i would gladly help judge i suppose.

EDIT: for instance, i obviously have a preference to ska and punk. we could have another judge who likes the blues alot. and than a metalhead. just get judge with different personalities so that it is fair to each respected genre.
ehh
SUre, I'll be a judge if there's room.
EDIT: I would be a good judge for Classical, Rock and Metal.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

if you're hell bent on this really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, stupid idea, use the right forum.
count me in whens the deadline?i think the judging should be a winner in each genre but,,, an overall winner across the board if you understand my meaning?

this would probably get better reception in the riffs and recordings area
Where's the Blues section? Add a Blues section, and put me in it
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=