Ok, so I'm out here in sunny colorado for college now, and its about to be winter. Well, im from warm California and they tell me that it snows here... And im without a guitar. I want to have my parents ship my stratocaster to me, but im worried about the cold, my room here isnt always the warmest place, although the guitar will be safe in its case in teh closet, far away from the window.

I read that its only quick changes between extremes that are bad for the guitar, but that was in reference to acoustic guitars. If im not constantly pulling my guitar from the suana and playing it in the snow, i wont have a problem right?

Just another thing, i had my vintage les paul i bought off ebay shipped to california from Massachusetts in the winter and it seemed to come out ok... So everything should go ok right?

Thanks all.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
You should be fine - humidity is more of an issue than temperature.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
yea i think so. mostly its humidity that warps wood. and moisture. cold rly wont do much i dont think.
Thanks guys, thats kind of what i figured. But its still really dry here at 7258 msl than at sea level...

I think ill have my old epi les paul sent out first to see how the first winter goes.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.