Do you "usually" only learn one part (i.e. the solo), or the whole song.
On average, how long does it take you per song?
Which song took you a lonnnnng time... the longest... how long?
hourglass by lamb of god took me the longest.
about a month. the "vomit" riff took me forever
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
when i learn a song its usually the whole thing execpt the solo cuz i like to do my own solos kinda as a practice or w/e, unless i really like it n its not too hard cuz i dnt like to take too much time learning something like that, unless i have to
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
i just learn snippets of what i like
or interesting techniques

i'm a horrible guitarist so there isn't a lot of stuff I can play... yet (hopefully)
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I learn the solo, or the hardest part, which ever it is, first so that i can get it out of the way. Then I learn the whole song. I just got done with the solo for One by Metallica, so now I'm learning the rest. The solo took me three days playing for nine hours total. Straight up solo the whole way through. I've been playing a little over a year, too, so idk how long the rest of the song is gonna take
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
I mostly learn whole songs. The song that took the longest for me to learn would be Dogs by Pink Floyd, since its just so bloody long.
Quote by PuttYoh
Do you "usually" only learn one part (i.e. the solo), or the whole song.
On average, how long does it take you per song?
Which song took you a lonnnnng time... the longest... how long?

I always learn the whole song. Because I like playing the whole thing with a backing track and it gives me a sense of satisfaction. Taking the time to learn a song varies depending on the difficulty of the song, and the level of the user. Ex. I learned California by Phantom Planet today in a couple hours while I am still learning the rest of Crazy Train and it has taken me two months so far.
Be cool.
Quote by DeathBySpoon
I still have yet to learn a complete song in my one year of playing. But i know tons of guitar riffs from songs, and i'm ok with that.

im the same only i noe the songs minus the solo's just started working on solos like 2 months ago its going good so far.
if you didn't learn the whole song then you didn't learn how to play the song
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by phatsack
if you didn't learn the whole song then you didn't learn how to play the song

Exactly. I find it annoying when people say they learned the song, but all they can play is the main riff or solo.
Be cool.
Hardest to learn for me was Laddies Night in buffalo by David Lee Roth...The solo played by steve via had one fast part in it that took me a while to get it right.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
To really get a song down, it takes me about 1 to 1 and a half weeks, but I'll be playing other songs too.

The longest it took me to learn a song was Silent Night, Bodom Night. It took a month.
Quote by dm1925
hourglass by lamb of god took me the longest.
about a month. the "vomit" riff took me forever

I'm the same, that vomit riff took me ages to get up to speed!

But i like to learn the whole song for some reason, i dont like only being able to play little bits.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
I usually learn the parts I like best and in the process, I end up learning the whole song.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
For me, it really varies to how long it takes to learn a song.

If you really have the song in your head, reading tabs and playing along doesn't take too awful long. If I've only listened to the song a few times and I'm trying to guitar pro it...it will take a while longer.

I'm usually working on about 3-5 songs at once, eventually focusing on one. The way most songs are, if you learn the main riff and the verse, you have about 70% of the rhythm done. It's less of learning the riffs themselves but more of the order of the song.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by bobbyj84
I learn the solo, or the hardest part, which ever it is, first so that i can get it out of the way. Then I learn the whole song. I just got done with the solo for One by Metallica, so now I'm learning the rest. The solo took me three days playing for nine hours total. Straight up solo the whole way through. I've been playing a little over a year, too, so idk how long the rest of the song is gonna take

I do the same thing. Although with One, it was different. I started learning it a looong time ago, and learned all of it but the solo, and then just kinda stopped, but then I tried out for a band and decided to play that song, so I learned the solo in one night, a total of about three hours practicing. If I put my mind to it, I can learn a complete, fairly complicated song in a week. I just learned Floods by Pantera, and that took me about a week.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
depends on the song. Some songs I dont particularly like the main riffs to, ill just learn the solo. and sometimes vice versa.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
depends. most of the time i just learn the parts i like or wanna play. and time tends to vary on difficulty
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
i usually remember riff by riff. So il look at a song, play it through a couple times, then go on to another song. Because of this i can only really play a couple songs from the intro to the outro. But if i look at a tab i can play mostly anything by just looking at, unless its really ridiculous steve vai ****. but as for the longest, technical difficulties by Racer x. Ive been playing it for about six months but i can never remember a couple riffs, and the outro solo.
Well I suppose I'm a misfit than
I usually just learn the intro/ parts that I like I
've been playing for 7 months or so
but alot of the people I know who have been playing for 2+ years started out the same way
Cancer.