Hello, i was reading somewhere that you could use an Equalizer pedal to boost the gain on your amp, i have a 250watt fender amp with 2 channels one clean and the other obviously distorted. I play primarily metal so i have my line 6 uber metal distortion pedal which is really sweet for heavy stuff, but i want a mild-hard distortion, would the equalizer help boost the gain? also switching back since the switch to it is on my amp, can you buy a pedal or switch or something to switch between channels 1 and 2? thanx for your help!
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Yes it would help the gain, EQ's normally cut/boost the signal it recieves by +/-15 dB, however it might start distorting the sound coming from your amp.

And yes you can aslong as your amp has a footswitch plug.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Is this amp the FM212? You should be able to buy a footswitch, don't know if it needs to be the Fender switch, check first but probably any old one pot switch should work. EQ's can boost gain on solid state amps, but work better for that purpose on a tube amp. They have other benefits even on ss amps. If you have the amp I mentioned or any solid-state amp a distortion pedal would be best. You should be able to set yours for milder gain. Is there a level or overdrive knob (not the volume knob?)
no overdirve just volume and a master knob, and treble bass and middle, but i have to really turn it up to get the distortion i want so, i dont want to lose my hearing or drown out others im jamming with
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
You will get overdrive by turning up the volume and using the master volume to set the overall volume level. It probably isn't 250 watts (not arguing with you, I just don't know of any fender with that much power.)
Quote by uldhppi
You will get overdrive by turning up the volume and using the master volume to set the overall volume level. It probably isn't 250 watts (not arguing with you, I just don't know of any fender with that much power.)

Then I must introduce you to the Fender Metalhead
500 watts! And apparently it sounds like crap.
Quote by Guitarmike123

I can understand that. It was probably designed to make small children cry for their mama
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Guitarmike123

WTF? Unreal man. What in the world would anyone do with that thing? 500 watts of hideous noise. I have to try one of those if I get the chance just to say I did.
Works great on a tube amp - not so sure about SS though, probably varies from amp to amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com