how would my laptop show up on my main computer? Would it be displayed as a removable device? and is this cable a USB?
or map networkdrive if behind a router.. google it
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
yeah its possible, although I don't know the exact details of how to do it. its my bro who is the comp guy in our family.

i do know though, that he has all the comps in our house set up on a network (using a programme called Network Magic) and i could connect to the files on our PC through my laptop using our wireless internet. it was simply a copy and paste job then.
You can use a simpe USB to USB cable, your laptop will show up as a removeable drive, probably D or E, then copy and paste files across. Ethernet will be faster though if you have one?
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

Quote by BonhamPwns
how would my laptop show up on my main computer? Would it be displayed as a removable device? and is this cable a USB?

Assuming you have XP you don't need to worry about that, you just gotta run the "file transfer wizard" which is in control panel somewhere. You're after a 10base-t or 100base-t (faster) ethernet crossover cable http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable