I'm switching roles in my band to guitarist (thank god) and we have a good tube amp and i might need a pedal that can go from punk to metal so suggestions would be appericated
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Last edited by Newdawn at Sep 27, 2007,
peavey valveking 112, and the footswitch for it.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
no i mean a distortion pedal or overdrive pedal we already have an amp
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
its a carvin tube amp its got great tone but i don't know what model its been in our practice area forever
Quote by nasstyman
the ibanez ts9dx/turbo tubescreamer cant do metal, but it can do punk and boost your carvin

plus its got those handy high gain settings

worth checking out
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
yeah ok i'll check it out cause we're mostly punnk its just I'm too cheap to buy two pedals
Quote by nasstyman
Jekyll & Hyde maybe?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
^I heard those are pretty good
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
the V3 series of carvin amps actually have really good distortion, and a tubescreamer might be able to get it to metal levels with that actual push, IMO.

The jekyll and hyde od/dist pedal is actually really nice and good quality so ive heard, and since it can do both its very versatile. My opinion would be to go crank your gain on your amp, and go to the guitar center and try to find an amp with similar distortion levels, tone wouldnt necessarily be important. You would just want to try some pedals, and see which can get the amps gain to metal levels
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
It depends on your budget. I suggest Tube Screamer, it can easily get up to metal.

If you have a higher budget the jekyll and hyde rocks, and the fulltone fulldrive 2 is great I hear.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
there's a jekyll & hyde for sale in the gear ads section. braindamage is selling them i believe.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i'll think about those and i don't think its a V3 its an older model
Quote by nasstyman