Is the paint big-flaked, like this?

I thought they had color-changing paint, but the paint on this one looks different than the ones on ibanez.com and the ones on musiciansfriend.com. I might get this guitar, but I've never seen or played one and I was wonderin if the paint really does change colors, or if it's just blue with green and black flakes in it like the pic above.
thanks.

it's supposed to look like this:
(Invalid img)
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Sep 27, 2007,
it looks like a guitar for a glam rock guy...if u played that where i live...ud get beaten up...alot...
Quote by Alex The Red

If it doesn't have to do with tube amps or sex most of us don't really care..

Quote by Kutanmoogle

Looks like Lars Ulrich decided to become a hacker.

Quote by aaron6890
penises FTW

not in the gay way

<.<
>.>

There is some serious flash reflection in that picture. It's normally a very pleasing finish, it has a distinct feeling of depth to it.

It's by no means as gaudy as that pic - check this out.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I think when they say "changes color" they mean that it looks different from different angles. BTW that paint looks like ass

EDIT: nevermind, I just saw the other pics and totally changed my mind - nice axe
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
the one i posted did.

the one piffty posted.. pure secks..

i'm not much of a fan of EMGs, but how much would it cost to upgrade to EVOs?
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Last edited by calebrocker at Sep 27, 2007,
Quote by calebrocker
i'm not much of a fan of EMGs, but how much would it cost to upgrade to EVOs?
Eighty bucks per Evo, and ten minutes with a soldering gun. If you're unsure about your soldering gun skills, someone might do it for you for another twenty.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
did you change your pickups yourself? i know someone that's skilled with a soldering gun that could do it for free. do hums and singles cost different prices? how do you get the old pickups out and the new in?
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Quote by calebrocker
did you change your pickups yourself? i know someone that's skilled with a soldering gun that could do it for free. do hums and singles cost different prices? how do you get the old pickups out and the new in?

Yeah, I do all the work on my guitars. Guitar electronics is no rocket science, that's for sure, anyone could learn the basics with relative ease.

Pickups are screwed into the guitar body (or the pickguard, as case be), and are connected inside with 2 to 4 wires each. Replacing them is merely a matter of putting the new pickups on the same screws, and connecting the wires in a correct order.

Singles are usually cheaper than humbuckers, but you're not going to buy an Evo single (the only way to get one is to rip it out of a JEM). If you don't use your single a lot, I wouldn't even recommend swapping it in an HSH guitar.