Ok, first post in here, be nice.
I really want a white explorer without having to shell out for an ESP or an Edwards or a Gibson. Though I still want a decent one.

Ive found the Peavey Rotor and someone has also suggested an Agile Ghost but the Agile isnt available in the UK. I sort of like the Peavey better but I do still really like both. Ill also swap the pickups if I get either one.

Anyone got any opinions on these two guitars or any alternatives?? Bearing in mind Ive ruled out ESP EX's because I dont want a pointy one.
Google "Custom guitars" if the brand doesn't matter to you, you can probably find a good body and customize the color to your liking (if nothing shows up here)
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
why are you so set on getting an explorer? your tone that you get with it should be a lot higher priority- wise than the body shape. that being said, what kind of price are you looking for, and what genre are you going to be playing?
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
why are you so set on getting an explorer? your tone that you get with it should be a lot higher priority- wise than the body shape. that being said, what kind of price are you looking for, and what genre are you going to be playing?

I really like Explorers and Ive been playing Guitar Hero 2 on the Xbox360 alot lately which doesnt help. And my tone is incredibly important to me, hence me changing the pickups on thoses 2 if I get one of those. I was in a hurry when I started the thread but now Im not so I can explain more. I want a Mahogany or Basswood bodied guitar preferably, but it dont really matter that much. Just a decent, well made guitar. Im probably able to spend around £500 maybe stretch to £600 with the rents involved. I play everything really from Slayer to SRV. The rest of my gear is in my sig and Im looking for this to be primarily a metal guitar (though I aint gunna stick EMG's in it).
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
why are you so set on getting an explorer? your tone that you get with it should be a lot higher priority- wise than the body shape.

Maybe he likes the tone/feel of an Explorer?

If you're really into Explorers, I'd venture a guess that you'd wind up being unhappy with the Peavey Rotor and the Agile seeing as how they only generally resemble an Explorer rather than actually being one (same goes for the ESP/LTD EX).

I've never played one, but I'd look into a Tokai EX-55; they come in white. I've heard Tokai's pretty solid, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I've been on an Explorer hunt. Other than that, I'd do an eBay hunt for a while until a good deal comes on for a Gibson or bite the bullet if the white paint isn't that important to you and buy an Epiphone Explorer. Been a while since I played one of them, but I remember them being pretty decent.

Apparently, Tokai has a UK distributor, too.
http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk
The song on that website is awesome lol Thanks for the suggestion.

Lol this is really fussy of me but I dont want a scratchplate. I just want a plain white Explorer with a Tune-o-Matic. Like Hetfield used to play, I dont know if he still does or not but they were really nice. Unfortunately that was an ESP and that model is discontinued.

I really like the Peavey, not so much fussed on the Agile today for some reason, its too curvy.

Anyone else?
Quote by littlemurph7976
The song on that website is awesome lol Thanks for the suggestion.

Lol this is really fussy of me but I dont want a scratchplate. I just want a plain white Explorer with a Tune-o-Matic. Like Hetfield used to play, I dont know if he still does or not but they were really nice. Unfortunately that was an ESP and that model is discontinued.

I really like the Peavey, not so much fussed on the Agile today for some reason, its too curvy.

Anyone else?

Being fussy is fine; being resolute in what you want is a good part of actually getting what you want. As far as pickguard-less Explorers go, you're probably out of luck in finding one without snagging something on eBay and spending what'll likely amount to a good deal of cash in the process. Even my '84 Gibson Explorer has a pickguard and it has the triangular knob pattern that Hetfield's guitars had. I was looking for a pickguard-less model too but eventually settled. I won't exactly suggest that you "settle" but for something like a pickguard (which can be swapped out to blend with the body), you might want to consider it.

If you actually do like the Rotor EXP, then I'd say go for it. I've heard good things about them, but I'd switch out the pickups sometime. I also don't like the Agile as it looks like an Explorer Gumby would play on.
I think I might just get the peavey then (explorers with pickguards anger me), but in the meantime until my birthday (2 months) Ill keep an eye on eBay incase something pops up. Thanks alot for your help.

And I agree about the Gumby thing
Quote by littlemurph7976
Anyone else?

Its not discontinued. ESP still makes em, in a custom order basis. So expect to pay lots if you intend to have one made. And its wayyy outta your budget. Imo, your closest bet right now would be the Edwards explorer. No pickguard, but its not white finish. Then again, with that amount of budget, dont expect too much. Maybe you can get it refinished later on.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
I got a Slammer with a white pickguard, I'll paint it white for yah. :p
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by littlemurph7976
Ok, first post in here, be nice.
I really want a white explorer without having to shell out for an ESP or an Edwards or a Gibson. Though I still want a decent one.

Ive found the Peavey Rotor and someone has also suggested an Agile Ghost but the Agile isnt available in the UK. I sort of like the Peavey better but I do still really like both. Ill also swap the pickups if I get either one.

Anyone got any opinions on these two guitars or any alternatives?? Bearing in mind Ive ruled out ESP EX's because I dont want a pointy one.

This looks like a good guitar, I didn't see it before.
Neck-through
and your going to change the pickups
^ Which one looks like a good guitar?

And Ive tried Edwards, they are too expensive. Especially to get in the UK.
there's some old kramer explorers, a friend has one, they're really good, i ignore the price though
Ive been looking at Kramers and Hamers yeah they seem pretty goood. I really like old Kramers, my friend used to have an old Barreta (like Tom Morrellos? dont know if thats the right name) and it was reeeeally nice. If only I could get my hands on one. I think the only place Id be able to find one is on eBay and I realy dont like it. I have seen one Kramer explorer before 2nd hand in a shop but that was ages ago.